The TalkingPoker.com Forum  

Go Back   The TalkingPoker.com Forum > All Things Poker > General Poker Discussion
Register Blogs Arcade HH Converter Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 05-02-05, 07:50 PM
Shark

johnp158 has between 250 and 499 Rep Pointsjohnp158 has between 250 and 499 Rep Pointsjohnp158 has between 250 and 499 Rep Pointsjohnp158 has between 250 and 499 Rep Points
Default New Orleans trip report

So I just got back from New Orleans, the first half of the panic show blew ass but they picked it up about midway....

Oops, wrong forum.

So anyway, I was down there for this fraternity formal (for all you young kids like kkirk, fraternities suck, don't join one). Did some Jazz Fest, did some other N.O. stuff, so there wasn't much time at all to do any gambling. I was able to spend about 3 1/2 hours playing at Harrah's - the 3-6 game. I was with a couple of friends, and we started a new table at about 1 p.m.

Within a couple of hands I could tell it was going to be fun. SUPER-loose table. A couple people didn't really know what limit was, and nobody was obviously good. I was a little bit nervous because it was a new thing. It took some getting used to having to actually count the bets and keep up with everything else that was going on. I didn't get many good playable hands, but my KK held up in an $80 pot where this terrible player check-raised me on the turn on a low board and I just called him down.

Another hand, I limp UTG with KQs. Flop comes J9x, 2 hearts. Checks around, turn is the ten, so I bet out. Couple of callers, river comes Q. I bet, a guy who's fairly new to the table raises, and the other person folds. I think about it for a minute, decide he probably doesn't have AK, but he might and otherwise we're probably splitting, so I just call. He shows his 8 for the low end, and I kick myself. I think this was a symptom of me still being a timid first-timer. If I had really thought about it I would have realized that he raised a couple hands earlier with KJ from EP, and at WORST I should have expected to split it.

So anyway, by the time I had to leave I was up $45. I would have loved to be able to play more, and I'm sure I'll go back. Playing online definitely gives you the opportunity to make more money faster, but the atmosphere of live play seems to sort of relieve some of the monotony.

Harrah's seems like a great place to play. By 3 p.m. the poker room was full, and there are SO many fish. They don't have a whole lot of options, but there seems to always be some 3-6 and 6-12 going, and 15-30 if you're up for it. So that's my report.

P.S. I'd like to see more of these trip reports. To me it's always more fun to read about live play than the same old online HHs

John Paul
Old 05-03-05, 12:28 AM
WA's most wanted

2Tone has between 1500 and 1999 Rep Points2Tone has between 1500 and 1999 Rep Points2Tone has between 1500 and 1999 Rep Points2Tone has between 1500 and 1999 Rep Points2Tone has between 1500 and 1999 Rep Points2Tone has between 1500 and 1999 Rep Points2Tone has between 1500 and 1999 Rep Points2Tone has between 1500 and 1999 Rep Points2Tone has between 1500 and 1999 Rep Points2Tone has between 1500 and 1999 Rep Points2Tone has between 1500 and 1999 Rep Points
Default Great post!

Thank you! B&M trip reports are very much appreciated. I'm still planning my next Vegas getaway -- I chickened out on the Imperial Palace $500 tourney I posted about earlier -- but will definitely post all the details as soon as I return.
Old 05-03-05, 12:49 AM
Rock

nutbag has between 10 and 49 Rep Points

Sounds like the tables were alot better there than they were before, during jazz fest you're probably going to get a good crowd. Nice report, glad you come out a winner your first time playing live.
Closed Thread