The TalkingPoker.com Forum  

Go Back   The TalkingPoker.com Forum > All Things Poker > General Poker Discussion
Register Blogs Arcade HH Converter Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-19-06, 11:47 AM
<<<<<

Penguinfan has between 500 and 749 Rep PointsPenguinfan has between 500 and 749 Rep PointsPenguinfan has between 500 and 749 Rep PointsPenguinfan has between 500 and 749 Rep PointsPenguinfan has between 500 and 749 Rep PointsPenguinfan has between 500 and 749 Rep Points
Default Starting over?

Would you? Could you? If so where and how? I'm gonna be honest here I have lost a significant amount gambling in the past 3-4 months. Keep that in the context that it is bankroll I have built and lost, still my money, but it's not like I am running up credit card bills or selling blood or anything like that.

Really thought I was getting better but recently the bad beat/questionable play has cost me the max it could I think. I didn't tilt anything away, I didn't play outside my bankroll, perhaps I got too agressive playing against the low limit players, I don't know.

What I do know is I need to start over or quit. I just finished my 10th straight SNG out of the money, a couple bad beats, a couple hands I couldn't get away from, chased a flush one time for my stack, etc.....

I keep my gambling money seperate from everything else in my life, I have withdrawn money over the past year to pay for things around the house I just didn't want to put on credit of I didn't have to (new furnace, car repairs, bought the kids a watch dog, etc....).

After going on a bender with NCAA and NFL football this past weekend (we all saw how that turned out) my sportsbetting bank is in a bit of trouble. Maybe I tried to make up for poker losses by betting too much on that side of things, again, I don't know.

I also keep the poker money seperate from other things and don't/won't move money from sportsbetting bank to that one. I even tried playing $5 SNG's for a couple days just to try to get some kind of momentum back, that didn't help. So let's say just for example your poker roll went under $1000 where would you go and what would you play to build it back up?

Would you start over? Could you?

Or should I just play it out and if I go bust go get some real job or something? (another Rounders reference Pshabi won't get?