The TalkingPoker.com Forum  

Go Back   The TalkingPoker.com Forum > All Things Poker > General Poker Discussion
Register Blogs Arcade HH Converter Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 01-04-06, 01:20 PM
♀♥♫

rookette22 has between -50 and -11 Rep Points

Don't give TP any ideas....

Anyway, he's looking for a SANE normal woman. *b........oring*

He wouldn't be able to handle me... lol
Old 01-04-06, 01:23 PM
♀♥♫

This is what I got when trying to log on: Sorry Guest, you are banned from using this forum!

Yes, what exactly do you know? You're definitely wrong about this!
Old 01-04-06, 01:25 PM
Banned

BrianSwa has between 100 and 249 Rep PointsBrianSwa has between 100 and 249 Rep Points
Default lol

guest passes dont log on rook, (bangs head against wall). Take off the auto log on then just go to the forum.

its just like on here when you go to bottom of website it has 2 catagories guest/user.
Old 01-04-06, 01:29 PM
Banned

BrianSwa has between 100 and 249 Rep PointsBrianSwa has between 100 and 249 Rep Points
Default let me clarify

and I want to clarify for those reading going yea right Brian ran a forum....

no it wasnt a forum it was a BBS (billboard system) I was the sysop (system operator). It cost me about $100 for this system and took about 6 months to get up and running. It was not a already built system and I had to do alot of work with it.

if I remember correctly it was a wildcat system and it was kinda like a Mini america online. Had about 100 users, single line meaning only 1 user could be on at time. Had a games section, post section and adult section was in works BUT I found it was more trouble then it was worth. See when you run a BBS you are responsible for everything and if users would upload pics to my system I would have to scan all them 1st to make sure they wernt underage or something. Had A guy I knew that missed 1 pic and ended up getting busted.

It was fun but also a pain in the ass trying to do all that crap every day so I kinda feel for TP sometimes when I think back.
Old 01-04-06, 01:32 PM
Banned

Default ok rook

just looked at system, you are right he has higher security then most forums and guests have to register 1st like you said. sorry my bad.
Old 01-04-06, 01:34 PM
♀♥♫

Read that! Did you say LOG ON????

Only repeated what you said. As for guest viewing that site you can't. Once your IP addy is blocked you can't view nothing on there. I'm pretty sure of that and I never ran a forum such as you did. If I were to still be able to get on there, as a guest; then banning me would be silly don't you think?
Old 01-04-06, 01:37 PM
Banned

Default yes and no

not sure about all sites like I said I set my own stuff when I banned people from my BBS. Unless things totally changed, we have had people banned from this site and log onto with different names so obviously its not by your IPA adress.

and Like I said didnt run a forum ran a bbs.
Old 01-04-06, 01:40 PM
♀♥♫

Well it was nice of you to admit when you're wrong....heck I've been wrong so many times I lost count lol

Maybe we'll never be good friends; but we can sure try to get along can't we?

I mean look at me and Dogg; we hated each other and now we're ok. Hmm ...I think?

Let me be the first to apologize to you too, ok. Just want to point out to you that I didn't hate your opinion of the tourney idea; I hated what you said about ppl not being able to afford them. So ...Sorry 'bout that. Let's try for TP & the other members, to get along ok?
Old 01-04-06, 01:44 PM
Banned

Default trust me

trust me I have no problem admiting when im wrong around here done it about a million times. Never had againt you rook, I made the comment in general and you took it personally. If people cant make general comments then well fredom of speach just went out the window.

Im fine with trying to get along but I tell you what I really am afraid to give you advice on anything like I think many others are. I mean damn look at this thread its like 100 posts long on really nothing dont you agree? this was way way way blown out of porportion. I know I for one wont off my opinion to you or give you advice until im sure you can take the negative with the positive.

and I know you just said it wasnt about the opinion but it kinda was because what I said tied in with it. Im fine though but I dont want no kissie kissie save that for TP.
Old 01-04-06, 01:44 PM
♀♥♫

Yes it is by your IP address Brian.

They might have what is known as a 'dynamic IP address' : this means you're able to change your pc's IP address.

If someone has a 'static IP address': this means you're not able to change it everytime you log on to the internet; this type of address is mainly used at work or school.

I may be 'crazy' but not wrong on this.
Old 01-04-06, 01:49 PM
♀♥♫

Hey...ever watched 'Seinfeld'? That was a "show about nothing".

What a hit that was !

Least it woke up some people in here. Gordogg seemed to enjoy it. Maybe we should start charging! lol
Old 01-04-06, 03:08 PM
Shark

Akverno has between 250 and 499 Rep PointsAkverno has between 250 and 499 Rep PointsAkverno has between 250 and 499 Rep Points

If it's an extremely high security forum, it could ban you by mac address. But, that's hard to do and unlikely. Just tossin in my two cents on the thread about nothing.
Old 01-04-06, 05:26 PM
♀♥♫

Hey...Mr. Pokerflea is in da house. How about you telling us who's right? Do you block IP addresses when banning or is it done by something else?
Old 01-04-06, 05:44 PM
Fish

pokerflea has between 10 and 49 Rep Points

Man that was painful...so much reading...

Okay, yes you WERE banned by IP, as long as you promise not to make anymoe posts like you did before, and promise to stop spamming during my tournaments, I'll unban you.

The forum is not a place for freeroll chasers, I was sick of seeing posts on every thread about freerolls so I started the "Official Freeroll Thread" that way, I don't have to move/delete a bunch of freeroll posts for other sites. I hardly ever post in that thread, but I check it daily, people do post other tournament passwords in there, I don't mind it because it keeps members coming back. I have a private section for our "Top Players" that can only be posted in/viewed if you are invited, it's like a private club for them so they don't have to go through all the other "nonsense" in the other forums. We have MANY top players, a TLB winner, and many more MTT winners including the $100 MTT on Stars last week.

BrianSwa is right, my site is not only a forum, we have other strategy pages, blogs, rakeback, along with many other things, including our NASCAR page coming soon with info on our sponsored racers.

I like the talking poker look, it's VERY easy on the eyes, I like mine too, it might not be as easy on the eyes, but for some reason I like the red/black/white look, OH, we also have the best logo on the net.

I'm headed for Big Sky in under 12 hours to do some skiing/snowboarding, not sure if I'll get to check this thread until I get back on Monday...

Halvey (Stop making me write so much, yes or no questions please. )
Old 01-04-06, 05:53 PM
♀♥♫

Least you write well in English; I had to have Hott repeat himself numerous times before understanding what he was saying. lol

As for your forum; do what you like.

I don't usually hop from forum to forum, unless I'm either banned or hated in that one; which is almost the case in here lol. So if I ever leave this place I'll be sure and revisit your forum,(if I'm not still banned from it ) till then I think I'll stay right where I am. Ty for the offer though.
Old 01-04-06, 06:08 PM
Fish

pokerflea has between 10 and 49 Rep Points

I hope you do stay here. If you do ever leave, just shoot me an email, I'll help you find a different forum, I hear Protilt is still running...just a thought.

Halvey
Old 01-04-06, 11:25 PM
Adminimus Maximus

Talking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep Points

ty much - Welcome to the forum!

Got RakeBack?
27% at Full Tilt | 33% at Cake Poker | 30% at Carbon Poker
Old 01-04-06, 11:32 PM
Adminimus Maximus

Talking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep Points

Ok ok... enough of the "other forum reviews," ok guys? We get it already.

I can't believe how much I hate this useless thread or that I just read through it YET AGAIN. Damn you guys.

Oh, and...........You'd be surprised what I can handle. The question is just if I'd want to bother...........

Got RakeBack?
27% at Full Tilt | 33% at Cake Poker | 30% at Carbon Poker
Closed Thread