The TalkingPoker.com Forum  

Go Back   The TalkingPoker.com Forum > More things Poker > Beats and Brags
Register Blogs Arcade HH Converter Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 06-14-06, 12:17 PM
Talking Poker League Champion

de-coder has between 1000 and 1499 Rep Pointsde-coder has between 1000 and 1499 Rep Pointsde-coder has between 1000 and 1499 Rep Pointsde-coder has between 1000 and 1499 Rep Pointsde-coder has between 1000 and 1499 Rep Pointsde-coder has between 1000 and 1499 Rep Pointsde-coder has between 1000 and 1499 Rep Pointsde-coder has between 1000 and 1499 Rep Pointsde-coder has between 1000 and 1499 Rep Pointsde-coder has between 1000 and 1499 Rep Points
Default shits and giggles - live

A number of folks around here have been having a hard time lately, so I"m going to share this.

This is a live, fun-type, game with co-workers and a few non-co-workers. We play $20 entry, no limit, tournament hold'em. In this case I had been having a bad run and hadn't gotten paid in... well a while.

I was short stacked, on the button and woke up with a pair of 10's (yea!).

I pushed all in (for about 4 times the BB).

BB calls (for about half his stack) with A9o.

Flop - KJ(2 I think - not important) rainbow.
Turn - J
can you see it yet?
River - K

I lost to kings and jacks with an ace kicker. The worst part was his reaction - he jumped up and yelled and screamed and cheered and got in my face (this was NOT a co-worker, but a friend of a co-worker). I just walked out after that and it was about 2 months before I went back to play again - in fact it was about 4 or 5 weeks before I played any poker at all again.

And now for the real purpose of this post - after the break I played great. I had more focus, I made better decisions, I just felt REALLY GOOD about the agem and playing the game. I had FUN playing poker again - and when someone sucked out on me (as they do from time to time) it didn't get me down like it was before.

Sometimes you just need to step back and get your shit together - then later it'll work for ya. YMMV
Closed Thread