The TalkingPoker.com Forum  

Go Back   The TalkingPoker.com Forum > All Things Poker > General Poker Discussion
Register Blogs Arcade HH Converter Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 11-04-04, 09:52 AM
Rock

Defendant has between 50 and 99 Rep Points
Default UB Kill games - pro/con

So I sat down at a UB 2/4 table for the first time and didnt notice it was a "kill" table. This means if someone wins 2 pots in a row (has to see the flop both times), he posts a 4$ blind along with the regular 1/2 blinds, and stakes double for that hand...
Now, in general it seems that that would hurt you because you get punished for winning 2 hands in a row, and have to post an extra 4$ (2 blinds)...I wasnt gonna stay very long to say the least.
But then I noticed the crowd on that table seemed a lot looser, especially when someone had already won one hand, or in the kill game itself (everyone calls that 4$ blind for some reason).
What do you guys think, does the decline in skill make up for the 1 BB you lose?

Defendant
Old 11-04-04, 10:52 AM
Captain Charisma!

GeoffM has between 100 and 249 Rep PointsGeoffM has between 100 and 249 Rep Points

To be honest, I never noticed much of a difference between the two. It does reward you when it is a kill game and you are in late position though.
Old 11-04-04, 11:40 AM
Shark

eddo31 has between 10 and 49 Rep Points

i havent found a whole lot of difference in kill games, either live or online.

i think that they actually benefit the better players, because most of the players are still playing the same junk, so if you stay tight on the kill hands, then you can stand to absolutely mop up.
Old 11-04-04, 01:38 PM
<<<<<

Penguinfan has between 500 and 749 Rep PointsPenguinfan has between 500 and 749 Rep PointsPenguinfan has between 500 and 749 Rep PointsPenguinfan has between 500 and 749 Rep PointsPenguinfan has between 500 and 749 Rep PointsPenguinfan has between 500 and 749 Rep Points
Default Dumb question about kill games

Sorry for the newbie stupidity, but when a player wins two in a row there are now 3 blinds posted? The regular blinds PLUS his double blind? What if he was due to be one of the blinds next hand anyway, and is the extra blind he is posting live or does he still have to call an unraised pot? If he is not already in one of the blinds, does he get the BB positon after the flop or is he just back in his rotation?

Thanks
Old 11-04-04, 01:47 PM
Shark

eddo31 has between 10 and 49 Rep Points

the player who won the pot, regardless of where he is will post a double blind, so there could be 2 or three blinds. kind of strange, but the small blind could be double the big blind in this situation.

it just essentially changes the game into double the stakes, but the regular blinds apply. kind of like the mini blind games on ub.
Old 11-04-04, 01:49 PM
Calling Station

BlackCoffee has between 10 and 49 Rep Points

It's just a forced double blind for that hand and the stakes double.
Once that hand is done, everything returns to normal as if no kill happened.

BlackCoffee
Old 11-04-04, 01:57 PM
Captain Charisma!

GeoffM has between 100 and 249 Rep PointsGeoffM has between 100 and 249 Rep Points

Only if the person doesn't win another hand, right?
Old 11-04-04, 06:13 PM
Rock

Defendant has between 50 and 99 Rep Points

correct. If you win 3 in a row, another kill game ensues.

Defendant
Old 11-04-04, 10:35 PM
Calling Station

brokeagain has between 10 and 49 Rep Points

ive only played kill games where if the pot reaches a certain amount than, the winner post an xtra blind and the next hand is played at the higher level. this usually creates action, people want to build pots to bump the game to the next level. i find it similiar to a jackpot game
Closed Thread