The TalkingPoker.com Forum  

Go Back   The TalkingPoker.com Forum > Admin > TP Suggestions/Problems
Register Blogs Arcade HH Converter Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-24-04, 12:26 PM
Adminimus Maximus

Talking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep Points
Default Why this forum was born...

We were getting way off topic in that other thread, so I moved my reply to this one.

Quite honestly, I was getting sick of weeding through all the crap on RGP, and all the forums I've seen out there have something I don't like about them... they are either annoying to navigate, don't have enough features (little things like that), or they are poorly organized, with 100 different sections I need to read to stay on top of things.

I figured, why not try to set up a forum right? Put all the poker talk in one section, and move the stuff that tends to annoy people to different sections. It's still allowed, of course, but it needs to be in the right place.

If this place gets so big that we need to break down limit vs NL, tourneys vs cash games, so be it.... but I think it can get a LOT bigger before that needs to happen.

As for the Pay to Post thing, I don't know. I wanted to give people a reason to come here and help get things started... a reason for them to give this place a chance. It's a marketing expense. And hopefully, as this place grows, loyal posters will help me get some of my money back by using my affiliate links to try out new sites

-Mark

Got RakeBack?
27% at Full Tilt | 33% at Cake Poker | 30% at Carbon Poker