The TalkingPoker.com Forum  

Go Back   The TalkingPoker.com Forum > All Things Poker > General Poker Discussion
Register Blogs Arcade HH Converter Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 11-23-07, 05:51 AM
Calling Station

Trinket has between 100 and 249 Rep PointsTrinket has between 100 and 249 Rep PointsTrinket has between 100 and 249 Rep Points
Default Long Absense, 'Tilt', and a Request

Greetings to all!

Hopefully some of you will remember my short appearance some months ago, but if not, I guess a small reintroduction is in order!

My name’s Kris, and I live in the UK. I’m currently studying film production at uni in my final year, and hope to make a career out of it. Oh, and I love poker ofcourse!

Right, now that’s out of the way, time to get to the point of this post. As I said, this is my final year at uni – the ‘big one’ so to speak. I am currently in pre-production for a film that I have written called ‘Tilt’. As you can tell from the name, the film is about poker, combining my 2 passions of making films and the game we all know and love / hate (depending on the situation).

Brief film synopsis: The film is about a poker game being played out under the observation of an analyst, who is trying to create situations where the players go on tilt, in order to find out how 'zen' a poker player can be, and generally find out more about the 'poker mindset'.

It is currently limited to an 8min piece, although I am hoping to get this extended to around 10-12mins. The film will be mostly dominated by montages of the game being played, showing the progression of the game. I’ve always thought that poker looks beautiful on screen, so I believe the montages will look fantastic. The soundscape will be a multi-layered lattice of voice-overs that will act as the impression of the player's thoughts as the game is played. There will also be soundbites of ‘screening’ interviews that were conducted in order to investigate a good mix of players. I’m hoping that these nuggets of thought will make it easier for audience members who do not play poker to understand the interest and exhilaration of the game, and to make it look less scary (people have told me that poker looks terrifying to them).

As such, I wish to make these ‘thoughts’ as genuine as possible, and so would like to make a small request of as many members as I can. I have constructed a small questionnaire (7 questions) that I would like as many people as possible to fill out in as much detail as they can muster and send back to me. I would appreciate all the responses I can get, but if you do find the time to fill the questionnaire out, could you please avoid single word answers where possible – as much detail as possible is needed (especially on questions 2, 4 and 7).

All or parts of these questionnaires will then be voice-acted in the film.

I am hoping for a big response to this questionnaire, and to the film as a whole (I’m hoping it will reach some festivals at least). As a thank you, I will be putting in a big ‘special thanks’ to the forums in the credits, along with the individual names of people who fill out the questionnaires (should they not be averse to it – please mention in Question 1).

That's pretty much it. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to post in here or PM me. All that's left for me to say is a big THANKS to everyone who fills out the questionnaire, and to ask that people either post it back up in this thread, or PM me and I will provide the email address to mail it to, should you not want to post it for all eyes to see.

Thanks very much!

Trinket

PS. I promised this a long time ago, but a video of me playing for you guys to take a look at will be on its way!
Attached Files
File Type: doc TILT Questionnaire.doc (20.5 KB, 13 views)
Old 11-23-07, 07:51 PM
Banned

eejit101 has between 100 and 249 Rep Pointseejit101 has between 100 and 249 Rep Pointseejit101 has between 100 and 249 Rep Points

) What is your poker pseudonym (if any)?

Im guessing u mean alias - so eejit101.If u dont mean that then make it more clear plz

2) What first got you into the game of poker and how long have you played?

Watched it on TV for 2 years, ive played for 2.5 years

3) How often do you play online / live on a weekly basis?

4 times a week?

4) Why do you play the game so much / so little? What are its attractions?

Its addictive, its a way to win money, its a skill game, its fun, its adrenaline rushing.

5) What (if any) do you consider the downfalls and drawbacks of poker (i.e. possible negative effects on relationships, sleep, work)?

You kind of make time for it, e.g big tourneys and such, which can in some way affect sleep/relationships, it screws with your mind some nights if variance is biting you in the ass, its time consuming some nights, its hard just to play for 15mins.

6) How would you describe your method / strategy whilst playing?

Agressive, semi-loose, trappy.

7) Thinking back on some specific hands during your time at the tables, list some of the thoughts that go through your mind (word for word) when working things out (e.g. Working out odds and outs, trying to read people, replaying every detail of the hand in your head, any time you may have felt tilted, insults that you may have though up about how certain people played their hands, mistakes you’ve made etc.):

Jesus, will reply when i have chance
Old 11-23-07, 09:01 PM
Calling Station

Trinket has between 100 and 249 Rep PointsTrinket has between 100 and 249 Rep PointsTrinket has between 100 and 249 Rep Points

Yup, I do mean alias. Either your forum name, or another nickname you might go by in the games you play .

Thanks for getting us started eejit. Most grateful to ya.

I can see that the attachment has been getting a few hits, so I'm hoping there are a few more to be posted / sent to me.

In this hope, the email address to send them to is:

60minuteproductions@gmail.com

Thanks again!
Old 11-26-07, 09:09 PM
Adminimus Maximus

Talking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep Points

TILT Questionnaire

1) What is your poker pseudonym (if any)?

Talking Poker, Rogue23, Troll Pie

2) What first got you into the game of poker and how long have you played?

There has always been something about a deck of cards that I found myself attracted to. This goes back as far as I can remember. To this day, my favorite magic tricks are card tricks - I love watching what people can do with an ordinary deck of cards.

I always loved playing games as a kid, but card games were my favorite. I don't remember when I first started playing poker, but it was as a kid. I was introduced to Texas Hold'em in the late 90s and took to it right away. I bought a book and read it cover to cover. When Rounders came out, I was hooked.

I didn't start playing online until early 2003 when bdawg31 informed me that you could play poker online - for real money! I made a $100 deposit and never looked back.

3) How often do you play online / live on a weekly basis?

I play online pretty much every day during the week, and some weekends too, probably about 25 days a month on average. I play live rarely these days. I enjoy playing live, but the game moves so slowly that it bores me, and I can't help but keep thinking about how much more money I could be making per hour by playing online. I absolutely love to play in big tourneys though (WSOP, WPT).

4) Why do you play the game so much / so little? What are its attractions?

I like the game and I love money.

5) What (if any) do you consider the downfalls and drawbacks of poker (i.e. possible negative effects on relationships, sleep, work)?

There certainly can be drawbacks of poker... there don't HAVE to be, but there can be. I do a pretty good job of keeping my priorities straight (ie, not putting poker ahead of more important things, like friends, family, etc.), but there are definitely times where I opt to play instead of doing something else. Most of the people in my life are supportive of this, but there are still times when it takes it's toll - especially if I leave home for an extended period of time to play in a live event (ie, WSOP). Oh, and my sleep schedule definitely suffers because of poker. Simply put, the games from 11 PM - 3 AM are much better than they are from 8 AM - 12 PM. So I tend to live on about a 4-5 hour different schedule than most people I know.

6) How would you describe your method / strategy whilst playing?

This is a difficult question to answer, because it's very broad. I'll just say that I tend to use relentless aggression, but not reckless aggression. There is a HUGE difference.

7) Thinking back on some specific hands during your time at the tables, list some of the thoughts that go through your mind (word for word) when working things out (e.g. Working out odds and outs, trying to read people, replaying every detail of the hand in your head, any time you may have felt tilted, insults that you may have though up about how certain people played their hands, mistakes you’ve made etc.):

Yikes. I think you'd be better off browsing through thousands of posts already in this forum than having people rewrite things here. That should provide you with tons of data to use. I'll point you to the one hand that I still think about though, and the one that I probably described with the most detail when I first posted it here:

Good luck with the film. I'd love to see it when it's done. You should submit it to the for sure!

Got RakeBack?
27% at Full Tilt | 33% at Cake Poker | 30% at Carbon Poker
Closed Thread