The TalkingPoker.com Forum  

Go Back   The TalkingPoker.com Forum > All Things Poker > General Poker Discussion
Register Blogs Arcade HH Converter Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 12-08-04, 12:02 PM
Sir Waffles House of Fun

SirFWALGMan has between 50 and 99 Rep Points
Default Maniac Time

My Poker style is best described as conservative. Probably because most of the times I cap a pot I end up losing with the low end of the boat or something stupid like that. I am somewhere between Tight-Aggressive-Neutral and Slightly Loose-Aggressive-Passive. Poker tracker keeps wavering me back and forth between the two depending on how many playable cards I catch and how hard I feel like playing them.

Last night the Blogger table conveined again and I had my usual night. Play hours of solid poker, painfully getting the stack doubled up, and blow all the earnings on one bad call. I hate NL!

So after doing this once or twice I decided I was sick of it and I was going to either Go all in or fold. If my cards were anywhere near decent I was all in, if not then I was gone.

It was FUN AS HELL playing the table maniac! It is so not my style of play. It actually worked well too. I got doubled up several times with marginal hands. People tend to get pissed at maniacs and try and bust them with any marginally good hand.

Some of the highlights:

* Went all in as the BB when several people had limped with 27o. Everyone Folded. I showed. This is an inside joke called the hammer.
* Went all in with 9-6h. This was a bad hand to chose, but I was tired and decided to take a shot. I ended up hiting a straight against 1 caller with 44. I basically had 44 dominated because I had the potential of: 2 overs, a straight, and a flush.
* Took several pots with A2o, A6o, etc.. that was fun. Doubled up again when KQ called my A6o and nobody hit anything.

The net profit for the night was $3. Anyway, the nice thing about 25/NL is the money means nothing to me. I can play anyway I want. If I lose 1 or 2 buyins I will win them back in 2 pots the next night. It was alot of fun trying a different style on, and gave me a real appreciation for how aggression and not the cards can play a factor in your game. Possibly this will help me be more aggressive in my limit games.

BTW - I would have ended the night doubled up, except the last hand of the night had my trip 2's vs trip q's. Ouch! So I was lucky to get away with three bucks! I hate NL!
Closed Thread