The TalkingPoker.com Forum  

Go Back   The TalkingPoker.com Forum > All Things Poker > General Poker Discussion
Register Blogs Arcade HH Converter Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 11-23-04, 06:40 PM
Banned

BrianSwa has between 100 and 249 Rep PointsBrianSwa has between 100 and 249 Rep Points
Default talk about a rush!!!!!!!!!!

got inspired to start this thread from losing $10 in a casual .25/.50 game against a player last night. Got into a pot with a person had I think A-10 and ace came on flop I called her down to the river and she showed A-K ok no biggie lost to better kicker it happens next hand I get top pair with good kicker this time she shows AA wow nice 2 hands in a row next hand again holding top pair think queen with good kicker guess what she shows KK dang where are my premiem hands at ok im tilted now bad. Next hand she shows A-K again talk about a run took me for $10 dollars and boosted her from $3.00 to $18.00. Anyone else have a rush story they would like to share either against you or that you had?
Old 11-23-04, 06:45 PM
Run Silent || Run Deep

BlibbityBlabbity has between 750 and 999 Rep PointsBlibbityBlabbity has between 750 and 999 Rep PointsBlibbityBlabbity has between 750 and 999 Rep PointsBlibbityBlabbity has between 750 and 999 Rep PointsBlibbityBlabbity has between 750 and 999 Rep PointsBlibbityBlabbity has between 750 and 999 Rep PointsBlibbityBlabbity has between 750 and 999 Rep Points

Yeah, this guy sat down with $10 and I took it from him in 4 hands. Got AK, AA, KK, AK.

Sorry man, that wasn't funny
Old 11-23-04, 06:49 PM
Banned

BrianSwa has between 100 and 249 Rep PointsBrianSwa has between 100 and 249 Rep Points
Default very funny

Its ok it happens all good its been almost 24 hours so im over it but man ive never got tilted like that before the biggest thing about it was it was one right after another. The good thing was she didnt know how to play her hands could of got alot more out of me if she played them more smart.
Old 11-23-04, 07:17 PM
Donkey

humpty99 has between 10 and 49 Rep Points
Default funny you bring this up....

I was playing on a 20 sit-n-go on Stars today. I had the chip lead, and there were three people left. I had about 7000 chips. The person to my right had just lost a big pot to the other guy in the game, and this put the person to my right at about 1000 chips. Here's where the fun starts. They called the big blind, which was me, leaving them with close to 800. I had K 10 suited and figured they would fold since they just called the big blind (assuming a so-so hand) so I raised to put them all in. They called. They had AA. Couple hands later they had KK, I had 10 10. Couple hands later, I had AQ, they had AK. Every time they were just a little better. Funny thing, something always hit to make me bet aggressively thinking I had the best hand. The final blow actually came from the other guy though. I'm down to my last 1400 after all this butt-raping from the third guy and in the small blind, I get KK and think its all turning around. All-in. AA from the other guy. Now they both had a chance to get in to me. This sounds like a joke, or tall tale, but trust me it is not. I've had runs, and runs against me, but nothing even close to this. I still got third and got some money back, but I swear I've never been more upset to finish third. I got up from my chair (fresh off a vasectomy, I might add) and kicked over the ottoman that I was resting my feet on. Luckily my sack was still numb from the procedure.
Old 11-23-04, 07:30 PM
Donkey

Chutups has between 10 and 49 Rep Points

That's quite a rush of cards, I've had similar rushes of good cards, but for some reason they'll always get beat when the community cards come out.
Old 11-23-04, 09:43 PM
Banned

great story and I do believe you at least im not the only one i feel a little better now as a write this. Just be thankful you got 3rd and broke even unfortantly I got so mad not sure if im going to go back to that system after reading what you all are saying about party poker I might have to give it a 2nd chance and deposit some money there.
Old 11-23-04, 11:15 PM
Sir Waffles House of Fun

SirFWALGMan has between 50 and 99 Rep Points
Default Not Bad..

That kind of play would not have tilted me. I would have been dissapointed and maybe off my game a little. The kind of play is when the calling station-play-anything-to-the-river guys actually start hitting EVERYTHING. Yes, it does happen. They go on huge swings up, or else they would never play. That drives me crazy. Here I am waiting for over an hour for a playable hand and my AA gets cracked by 47o! That sucks! heh.
Closed Thread