The TalkingPoker.com Forum  

Go Back   The TalkingPoker.com Forum > All Things Poker > General Poker Discussion
Register Blogs Arcade HH Converter Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 11-26-04, 09:40 AM
Sir Waffles House of Fun

SirFWALGMan has between 50 and 99 Rep Points
Default Losing Money

Anyone with PT, do you lose ALOT of money on TPTK? Here are my stats to date. Are they abnormal? If I am losing with TPTK does it mean I am playing it alright, or should I just always fold these? It seemed like I was making money with them but the stats say differently:

High Card: -7K
Pair: -6K
Two Pair: +2.8K
3 of a Kind: +3.5K
Straight: +3.2K
Flush: +4.1K
Boat: +2.9K

It seems like I win like 9% with High Card. That one is easy to fix. Some of it is chasing TP, It also probably has alot of missed flush draw's in there.

How do you fix one pair though? Stop playing them? Stop betting them? Just deal? If I removed all one-pair play from my game I would be much higher now. However it seems like I win with a pair also. Very weird! 38% Win Rate on Showdown. So I do win my fair share of pots with them. Any suggestions?
Old 11-26-04, 10:50 AM
Banned

BrianSwa has between 100 and 249 Rep PointsBrianSwa has between 100 and 249 Rep Points
Default hi

I usually only play pocket pairs of 88 and higher and only in mid to late position with 88,99,jj and if overcard come on flop I usually lay them down.
Old 11-26-04, 10:58 AM
Shark

eddo31 has between 10 and 49 Rep Points

i currently do not have pokertracker, so my comments arent directly towards what you asked.

i would have thought that tptk would be an overall winner, and if you are winning 38 percent of the showdowns with only one pair, i would assume that most of those wins come when you have tptk. it looks more like you are willing to pay people off with second or third pair, and that you are losing big with that, but i could be interpreting that wrong.
Old 11-26-04, 01:46 PM
Sir Waffles House of Fun

Default Nope

I do not think that is the case. I will not say I have never done it, but usually I will not showdown without top pair. What happens alot though, since TP is weak, I will get called to the river as I bet, and raised on the river with 2 pair, or trips or something else. Sometimes my top pair might be good until the river when someone spikes an Ace. They are so vulnerable to basically anything that it is hard to figure out how to play them.
Old 11-26-04, 02:12 PM
Sir Waffles House of Fun

Default Still not sure what this means..

I got a good PT tip from my query. There is a button that says "Show only hands that you did not fold". If I click that then my numbers are 3.7K profit. So when I do show down my pairs I do well enough I guess. So much data and so hard to know how to use it! I fold about 30% of my pairs on the flop. I would assume these are where I am 2nd pair. 4% on the turn, where my J pair gets killed by an AQK coming into the picture. And less on the river. So I guess those stats are not too bad. At least I learned something new about PT.
Closed Thread