The TalkingPoker.com Forum  

Go Back   The TalkingPoker.com Forum > All Things Poker > General Poker Discussion
Register Blogs Arcade HH Converter Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 03-25-05, 03:47 PM
Shark

jimmym has between 250 and 499 Rep Pointsjimmym has between 250 and 499 Rep Pointsjimmym has between 250 and 499 Rep Points
Default Account Security

Hello All.

Ive been away for a while, unfortunatly I ran into a bit of a problem were my pokerstars account was breached.

I have been considering playing there again and the pokerstars security and admin staff have now assured me that my account is now safe, but I have doubts.

Apparently someone logged on using my user name and guessed my password, wether this was a security breach through someone accsessing my pc or someone accsessing pokerstars data is in argument between pokerstars saying it was not on there side and Mcfee stating it was not through my pc and there security software.

The good news is that someone transferred my funds $2400 and sent it there user name and then withdrew, fortunatley pokerstars stopped the money withdrawl and are dealing with the account holder.

Unfortunatly they will not pass on the owners name or region were they live. As a very frequent online poker player I have become now very security consecious and really worry about my online accounts.

I hope you are all well and have a good Easter.

Jim
Old 03-25-05, 05:52 PM
sports betting guy

omahilo has between 100 and 249 Rep Pointsomahilo has between 100 and 249 Rep Points

sounds like they took care of the problem so I dont see why you wouldnt play there.
Old 03-25-05, 08:31 PM
Proud TeamSWA Member

ChipFish has between 250 and 499 Rep PointsChipFish has between 250 and 499 Rep PointsChipFish has between 250 and 499 Rep PointsChipFish has between 250 and 499 Rep Points

Do you think you ever would have seen your money again if it happened to you at Party Poker?

This is a lesson for you.
Be sure to use a different password for each site.
Don't use real words and mix it up. (use letters and numbers) (use characters if it allows)