The TalkingPoker.com Forum  

Go Back   The TalkingPoker.com Forum > More things Poker > Beats and Brags
Register Blogs Arcade HH Converter Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 10-20-04, 05:10 AM
Shark

bigjohnstud2o has less than 10 Rep Points
Default i consider my self a strong poker player

i have went 4 straight tournaments w/o winnang a single hand at my buddies house. It got ridiculous. I went on to win 8 straight trnys but thats beside the point. The main beat i still remember was me from BB. I had AA person in 3rd pos had AJ. we were only 2 to see the flop. Flop came JT2. I bet 2X the pot. he reraised then i rr all in. he shows AJ im thinking to myself hell yea, but whats the turn??? You guessed it J. followed by a 7. Just had to let it out bc it still bugs me. The biggest thing is that they know im by far the best player there. Its like they have a secret $100 bounty on my head by the hands they show down.
Old 10-25-04, 05:33 PM
Rock

johnbaker has between 10 and 49 Rep Points

dont feel too bad, theres no way he put you on aces...

also i find that the better players at my games get a lot more action from people. everyone is always SO afraid of getting bluffed out, they call the more skilled players down to the riv with very modest hands
Old 11-13-04, 10:55 AM
Shark

jdiana86 has less than -50 Rep Points.  Yikes!jdiana86 has less than -50 Rep Points.  Yikes!jdiana86 has less than -50 Rep Points.  Yikes!jdiana86 has less than -50 Rep Points.  Yikes!jdiana86 has less than -50 Rep Points.  Yikes!jdiana86 has less than -50 Rep Points.  Yikes!

"I thought you were bluffing"
Old 11-14-04, 10:29 PM
Rock

nutbag has between 10 and 49 Rep Points

sit and goes go the same way for me. I'll not cash for 5-15 tourneys, getting every good hand cracked and then get first twice and continue to cash. But the pain from the losses lasts much longer than the joy of winning for me. I hate that but I keep coming back.
Old 11-15-04, 11:01 AM
Captain Charisma!

GeoffM has between 100 and 249 Rep PointsGeoffM has between 100 and 249 Rep Points

We had some limit ring games at my house over the weekend. I won the first pot of the night playing straight seven. I started with KQJ and slow played. Got a 9 after fourth card and I figure I had a well-hidden inside straight draw. Hit it on card 6 and lucky for me someone else had a lower straight so that put me up the rest of the night. Ended up winning about $30 after being up a bunch and then proceeding to get piss drunk and dropping most of what I had won. Oh well, at least I won and had a good time.
Old 11-15-04, 04:32 PM
oscar the grouch

junYUN has between 10 and 49 Rep Points

piss drunk, yeah i've always noticed thats a bad thing when you're trying to take other people's money. lost $25 on halloween that i didn't even know i had played until the next day my buddy said i was really smashed and went all in on T-T pre-flop on like the 3rd hand of the game...guy outdrew me with trip jacks, and i proceeded to take shots.
Old 11-16-04, 10:27 AM
Sir Waffles House of Fun

SirFWALGMan has between 50 and 99 Rep Points
Default Ak?

He must have put you on AK. Stupid call, but like you said "Your the best" player there.
Old 11-17-04, 03:44 PM
Maniac

Tilter has between 10 and 49 Rep Points

thats aweful again. But Aces won't always hold up. And AJ on Jxx flop is pretty good.
Old 11-18-04, 07:01 AM
Shark

bigjohnstud2o has less than 10 Rep Points
Default yea

thats pretty good but he only has 2 outs. The 2 remaining jacks. Actually he hit a 1 outter. Player to my left folded J4 preflop"so he said"
Old 11-18-04, 04:01 PM
Fish

jjhooksjj has less than 10 Rep Points
Default ...

Being the best player there you MUST know that you still must count folded cards as outs. If you are ahead with an open-ended straight flush draw with two overcards, but everyone folded all of your outs, going all-in was still the right play, even though you didn't have nearly as many outs as you thought.
Closed Thread