The TalkingPoker.com Forum  

Go Back   The TalkingPoker.com Forum > All Things Poker > General Poker Discussion
Register Blogs Arcade HH Converter Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 06-09-06, 04:16 PM
Banned

BrianSwa has between 100 and 249 Rep PointsBrianSwa has between 100 and 249 Rep Points
Default Done for awhile

Ok well I have said this before but I mean it this time. Im done with online poker for awhile. I dont feel that I'am a bad player I can win I have done it numerous times but the problem I have is bankroll managment.

Basicly I buit my $1400 to around $4500 then played well above where I should of been, was being a donkey and lost $3500. I took my remaining money out and bought something nice for myself so I can say I at least got something for all that I spent. Now I know im not ahead by any means but at least I walked away with something.

Im also not saying I will never play again but I wont be playing for a little while at least. At least 4-6 months.

I have the same problem tons of people have which is they take one bad beat then go on a massive tilt and lose the rest. I'am just glad I got away from it before blowing my last $1000. Now I made all this off $100 tourney in Atlantic City but in my eyes I still lost $4500 of my money.

I'am not writing this to try to get attention or something I just wanted to let you all know why I wont be around that much. I will still check in the general section but I kinda want to stay away from poker talk for awhile. I really want to thank every single person that is part of this community. You all have been great over last 2 years or so I have been on here.

TP, you have done a hell of a job with this forum, thanks for letting me be a part of it. Not saying bye just want to thank the people that have supported me and also have been honest with me. I think it is possible I can be a winning player but without basic bankroll managment skills I will never be winning player. That goes for anyone that plays poker, you HAVE to have these basic skills or you will never be winning player.

So right now have $0 online and will not have any online for awhile, I might play some freerolls from time to time but wont be playing real money in awhile and WHEN/IF I come back to poker I will not be taking it serious. My goal will not be to make alot of money playing my goal will be to have fun.

thanks everyone for everything .....

Brian
Old 06-09-06, 04:23 PM
Shark

Spuddy has between 250 and 499 Rep PointsSpuddy has between 250 and 499 Rep PointsSpuddy has between 250 and 499 Rep Points

Try going to play some PLAY MONEY on stars......

And by that, I mean the 50 000 SNGs..... they are UNDERATED for what they are, and they are also very difficult to conquer. Most of the players are better than most of all the micro limit players...

That's a possible option for you....

I know many of you are going to bash me for saying "Play money" however, I learnt A LOT from the 50 000 games....

Bash away
Old 06-09-06, 04:33 PM
Banned

BrianSwa has between 100 and 249 Rep PointsBrianSwa has between 100 and 249 Rep Points
Default K

Im gonna activly answer this thread because maybe it will help someone else that might be going down same road I have many times.

I honestly want to totally seperate myself from poker rightn now, but when/if I do come back I have no problem putting $50 or so on and playing 45 person $1.00+.20 sit and go's. I'am the most negative person when it comes to play money, I hate it and will never play it.

Like I said I will never play poker trying to make tons of money with it and will never keep more then $100 in my account at a time. If I happen to win a tourney when I come back I will withdraw anything over $100 because its too tempting to move up levels and donkey my money away. If there would be something I wanted to play I would deposit just to play that event....make sense?
Old 06-09-06, 08:43 PM
Adminimus Maximus

Talking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep Points

If you want/need to distance yourself from poker, I understand. I think it's fairly well known that I forced myself to take a month off, circa 2003, and to this day, I am still glad that I did.

But............................. if you think you'd like to play for fun, come join a few our our league events. Watching eejit donk off his money (after sucking out on and doubling through studiopet) and watching pshabi go on "life tilt" when he loses a coinflip.... it's just priceless, I tell ya.

Got RakeBack?
27% at Full Tilt | 33% at Cake Poker | 30% at Carbon Poker
Old 06-09-06, 09:16 PM
Banned

Default yea good idea

yea sounds like fun and when you do league #3 I might take you up on that TP. I really do want to take at least a couple months off to make sure I can get away from it if I need to.

I think im addicted to a point but want to make sure I can control it. Want to make sure I can go awhile without playing. I think if I can just play for fun I can really enjoy poker like I used to because to be honest with you I was disgusted <sp> last couple days. Seems like when there is no pressure on me and Im just playing for fun I tend to do alot better. Like the AC tourney, and like when I got back from it. BUT when I made what I concider a really good bankroll I just blew up.

I will still be around.....You know you all cant get rid of me
Old 06-10-06, 12:43 AM
Banned

X-Longshot-X has between -10 and 0 Rep Points

Brian i will say that when i took a break from poker (though not volunteerly) It helped me greatly....i read books and MUCH MUCH advice from Zy, Shabi, TP and the rest of the gang and when i got back into poker i saw myself as a MUCH MUCH better player...i realized what BR management was....i found out the importance of playing others as well as yourself.....i won a couple live tournies and can say i have the confidence i should have had a long time ago when playing.....best of luck with your departure from the game and i hope that you learn a lot from it....i know i did
Closed Thread