The TalkingPoker.com Forum  

Go Back   The TalkingPoker.com Forum > All Things Poker > General Poker Discussion
Register Blogs Arcade HH Converter Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 06-25-05, 12:07 PM
Banned

BrianSwa has between 100 and 249 Rep PointsBrianSwa has between 100 and 249 Rep Points
Default WSOP events

I private messaged this to TP because I think he has the most experience playing these events. Next year I plan on playing in one of the $1,500 events if Gavin is well. I have 0 experience in these and would like info on them from people that have played them.

1. the buy-in, can you pre-register for this or do you register when you arrive.
2. hotel, how hard is it to get a place to stay? how far in advance do you reserve your room? and how much does it usually cost?
3. travel, this is not a problem for me seeing as I fly free but for those that dont how hard is it to get a flight?

If you have any other general info on this that would be great. Now im not expecting to bring home the braclet next year. I do think this is something a poker player has to do once in their life. If I like it I most likley will try to do one event a year. Also TP the 1st time you played in one of these where you nervous as hell? I think I would be sitting there with the hellmuths, leaderer's, and negranue's.
Old 06-25-05, 05:05 PM
Banned

BrianSwa has between 100 and 249 Rep PointsBrianSwa has between 100 and 249 Rep Points
Default come on now

come on now has no-one ever been to one or not need some info on them or a link to where I can find some info on them.
Old 06-25-05, 06:29 PM
Run Silent || Run Deep

BlibbityBlabbity has between 750 and 999 Rep PointsBlibbityBlabbity has between 750 and 999 Rep PointsBlibbityBlabbity has between 750 and 999 Rep PointsBlibbityBlabbity has between 750 and 999 Rep PointsBlibbityBlabbity has between 750 and 999 Rep PointsBlibbityBlabbity has between 750 and 999 Rep PointsBlibbityBlabbity has between 750 and 999 Rep Points

Fair to say, I think most here probably...

1) don't know where to begin to respond to this statement

2) don't want to get into all the reasons that YOU should not be laying down $1500 to play in a WSOP event.

I would say that you have a year to improve your game and if it were me (which it may be next year), I would try to win your way up and into an event so you are not just throwing $1500 into a tournament as 99% dead money....

Also, since you are near AC why not look into the WSOP circuit events. I never could find any info (or didn't focus on it) about how much the sattelites to the lower buyin events were. If you could go there and win a single table for $50+ to get into the $500 buyin that would be cool.

Good luck
Old 06-25-05, 07:09 PM
Banned

Default ok

dont want anyones opinion why or why I should or shouldn't be in them and I know some have been in them. I'am going to AC once a month because thats all I have time for. I have a pretty good record in tornaments, no giant win but I have placed in the money numerous times. I just lose all my money trying to play $1/$2 NL with $400....dumb brian.

I will look into those circuit events if you find something out before I do let me know.
Old 06-25-05, 07:11 PM
Adminimus Maximus

Talking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep Points

Putting the obvious responses and judgements about you pissing away $1500 aside...

Start here:

That will answer about half your questions. As for the questions about how hard it is to book flights and hotels, I can't see into the future so I can't answer for next year... but look at Travelocity of Expedia (and so on) to get some ideas. Or call your friendly neighborhood travel agent. I'm sure they will be able to give you a more educated answer about booking rooms in Las Vegas than anyone here.

Ok... I can't help myself. I thought you were just playing for fun now and would never play above 1/2 (or was it 2/4) again? Do you not think a $1500 live WSOP event in Las Vegas counts as slightly above those limits you set for yourself???

You also say it's something every poker player needs to do once in their life. I completely disagree.

Got RakeBack?
27% at Full Tilt | 33% at Cake Poker | 30% at Carbon Poker
Old 06-25-05, 07:14 PM
Banned

Default ok

your welcome to give you opinion, I have mine also. Its something I want to try. This is the exact reason I did not want this post public! thanks TP.
Old 06-25-05, 07:37 PM
Adminimus Maximus

Talking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep Points

Well, I could have said the same thing to you via PM, but as I keep trying to explain to you, that kinda kills the point of having a poker forum, if we only talk about poker privately.

I also didn't answer the last part of your post yet (about what it was like playing with the big names the first time), but thought people besides you might enjoy reading my thoughts on that. I figured I'd get the easy stuff out of the way first - you know, like your travel agent and "Click Here to Preregister" questions.

And don't get me wrong..... you are most definitely entitled to your opinion. It just happens that your opinion is often the opinion of an irresponsible jackass, but what can you do?

Sorry if this was too blunt for you. If you feel the need to go sulk for a week, see you next week.

I don't mean to be mean, but sometimes I'm just not in the mood for your nonsense. Half the time, I think you make this shit up just to get reactions out of people. If not........ wow.

Got RakeBack?
27% at Full Tilt | 33% at Cake Poker | 30% at Carbon Poker
Old 06-25-05, 07:42 PM
Banned

Default ok

All I wanted was opinions and places to check for the WSOP, dont need a lecture from you or anyone. Im not sulking and honeslty dont think I have ever left for a week because I was mad (except when you banned me). If you dont see me for a week its because im busy at the hospitol. Sorry dont have a labtop to talk to you all from there.

I dont think your mean at all your brutally honest and that I can take but dont get all defensive if I act the same way towards you. Like Lou said in a previous post which I appritiated from him I have to earn my way back up and I plan on doing that. That is why I havent posted any of my results at all here latley.
Old 06-25-05, 08:01 PM
Banned

Default Ok

I noticed they had events while the main event is going on? TP do you think these would be good seeing the feild would be smaller?
Closed Thread