The TalkingPoker.com Forum  

Go Back   The TalkingPoker.com Forum > Off Topic > Sports
Register Blogs Arcade HH Converter Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-11-06, 09:29 PM
Shark

Dodoubled has between 500 and 749 Rep PointsDodoubled has between 500 and 749 Rep PointsDodoubled has between 500 and 749 Rep PointsDodoubled has between 500 and 749 Rep PointsDodoubled has between 500 and 749 Rep PointsDodoubled has between 500 and 749 Rep Points
Default College Football Question

If, and this is a big IF, Miami, Virginia Tech and Boston College were still in the Big East, and if Rutgers beat even two of those three teams, would the Scarlet Knights be among the throes of one-loss teams that would have a shot at the national title?

I ask this because after their win over Louisville (I mean, can you really call it an upset? Their defense shut down the nation's No. 2 offense for an entire HALF), the only thing I heard the prognosticators say is, "OK, now that Louisville is out of the title picture, which one-loss team is going to play OSU or Michigan for the national title?"

And by the looks of things this year, if any of the aforementioned former Big East teams were still in that conference, I firmly believe Rutgers would either beat all three or, at worst, two of the three and maybe have a slight downer for the third. Either way, I think they'd give all three a serious run for their money.
Old 11-11-06, 10:09 PM
Me

Robbr25 has between 250 and 499 Rep PointsRobbr25 has between 250 and 499 Rep PointsRobbr25 has between 250 and 499 Rep PointsRobbr25 has between 250 and 499 Rep Points

Yeah but it is Rutgers.
No offence ( I am a Syracuse fan, bad year this year, but I root for the Big East)
The Big East does not have the quality top to bottom of other leagues.
Plus Rutgers was ranked 13 in the BCS going into the Louisville game.
If those teams were in the big east and they beat them, then maybe Rutgers would be up there.
I think if Rutgers goes undefeated they should be in the title game.
Any team that goes undefeated and is in a Big Conference should go to the title game ahead of a 1 loss team.
Old 11-12-06, 10:56 AM
<<<<<

Penguinfan has between 500 and 749 Rep PointsPenguinfan has between 500 and 749 Rep PointsPenguinfan has between 500 and 749 Rep PointsPenguinfan has between 500 and 749 Rep PointsPenguinfan has between 500 and 749 Rep PointsPenguinfan has between 500 and 749 Rep Points

I doubt that if WV beat Louisville and ran the table they would have got in the Title game, so no way Rutgers would have got in, notta chance.