The TalkingPoker.com Forum  

Go Back   The TalkingPoker.com Forum > All Things Poker > General Poker Discussion
Register Blogs Arcade HH Converter Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 01-30-05, 10:42 AM
Shark

jimmym has between 250 and 499 Rep Pointsjimmym has between 250 and 499 Rep Pointsjimmym has between 250 and 499 Rep Points
Default Online Begging

Over the past few months the begging online has really started to increase, I only play on one site (pokerstars) and over a typical days play there will be upto 50 messages from ppl asking for the odd $.

Speaking to a friend he told me that he came across a BLOG were a chap is reporting his proggress to accumulate $10.000 in a single year from begging on 8 different pokersites, he said this chap is continulesly asking for a dollar all over the sites and since the 1st January had begged $1600.

I have tried to find this guys Blog without success, but it shows that begging online is now a buisness and you are not just helping some poor guy out with the odd dollar.

I am not saying it is happening on our forum, but as a lot of us tell other online players about the forum we need to be carefull when it comes to money exchanges and deals with new members. It could be that we get one of these beggars asking for a money swap and you offer help, only to be swindled out of your money.

Take care if you agree to help anyone who is new and allways get them to transfer first, if they are the one asking then there should be no problem in asking them to transfer the money first.

As I say am not saying we have swindlers here but we could easily become part of these millionaire beggars scam.
Old 01-30-05, 06:29 PM
oscar the grouch

junYUN has between 10 and 49 Rep Points

awesome maybe i should try this lol
Old 01-30-05, 06:53 PM
Run Silent || Run Deep

BlibbityBlabbity has between 750 and 999 Rep PointsBlibbityBlabbity has between 750 and 999 Rep PointsBlibbityBlabbity has between 750 and 999 Rep PointsBlibbityBlabbity has between 750 and 999 Rep PointsBlibbityBlabbity has between 750 and 999 Rep PointsBlibbityBlabbity has between 750 and 999 Rep PointsBlibbityBlabbity has between 750 and 999 Rep Points

I imagine they get a lot from the "they are only asking for $1 and I am up $5-10 anyway thinking". I have seen someone pop up at about 1/3 of the tables I have played at PokerStars.

The corner bums of the poker world, except a bum on the street rarely offers to give you back double within the hour
Old 01-30-05, 09:30 PM
Fish

Poker Bookshelf has between 10 and 49 Rep Points

These moochers add realism to online poker, bringing it closer to a true B&M experience