The TalkingPoker.com Forum  

Go Back   The TalkingPoker.com Forum > All Things Poker > General Poker Discussion
Register Blogs Arcade HH Converter Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 09-24-07, 11:01 PM
Calling Station

wdson01 has between 10 and 49 Rep Points
Default The Well? wdson01

Alright guys, it's been a long time since I have posted on here. I have been lurking for a while and figured I should post again (why not?).

I am sort of making a "well" post (sry 2p2) since my success has dramatically increased since I have last posted on here.

I am currently 17 years old (I'm pretty sure that I told you guys, if I remember correctly, that I was 26 or something) and enjoying the rest of high school.

I started my bankroll off of a friends transfer of $.30 and never loooked bank. It took me a long time to grind it up at .04/.04 LHE and was boring as hell, but it was worth it.

After I got my bankroll up to $30 from penny tables, I started playing the $1.75 18 turbos, my favortie game by far. I was maintaining a 25% ROI over 2-300 games and really enjoyed it. After a month or so, I fell into my first tilt experience.

I started chasing all of my losses at the cash tables and wasn't winning it back. I had lost all of money hard earned money excpet for $2.50. I sat at a .05/.10 PLO table and fortunately ran it up to $20, giving me a huge confidence boost. After that, I stuck strictly to SNG's where I knew I could win.

Over time, I ran my bankroll up to $400 playing mainly $1-5 SNGs and some tournies (no big cashes) until I went on my first "variance" drop. I felt like I couldn't cash in anything and continued to play when I knew I was playing bad. I eventually brought that $400 into $50.

I brought my last 50 to a PLO table once again (.5/1) and managed to double up, leaving the table with around $130. I contiued to grind the low stakes sngs, not with great success.

I tried a $3+R satellite to the Sunday Million for the 1st time (i thiknk) and won a seat! I quickly unregistered to take the T$. About a week later, I won a $4.40 LHE tourney, dominating the FT. All of my patience had finally paid off and I was having as fun as ever.

Over the months, I continued to build my bankroll by satelliting into the Sunday Million and unregistering. I had one other tourney win in 5 card draw where I chopped it heads up. My bankroll is at about $2200 and currently on a big downswing, only I am ready this time and not trying to jump stakes to chase losses. I subscribed to pokerxfactor.com where the big name pros have improved my tournament game drastically. I am continuing to try satellites out and trying to improve my game immensely. I hope by posting here more I am able to further strengthen myself and others in the community.

If there are any questions, feel free to ask.

wdson01
Old 09-24-07, 11:14 PM
Thousand Post Club

juiCe[3x] has between 10 and 49 Rep Points

Nice, glad to see your doing good and getting good at controling tilt

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy."
Old 09-25-07, 12:40 AM
Adminimus Maximus

Talking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep Points

Well come back.

Got RakeBack?
27% at Full Tilt | 33% at Cake Poker | 30% at Carbon Poker
Closed Thread