The TalkingPoker.com Forum  

Go Back   The TalkingPoker.com Forum > All Things Poker > General Poker Discussion
Register Blogs Arcade HH Converter Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-31-04, 03:25 AM
Maniac

Gutzz has between 10 and 49 Rep Points
Default First session at 1/2 limit

Ok, so I thought I'd tell y'all how my first session at 1/2 limit went.

first: I play mostly NL, I haven't read a single limit book (even tho I own Lee Jones book). Reason mainly because I got a long list of books I wanna read first: Poker Essays series, Positively fifth street, Zen and the Art of Poker, and another one I forget.

Ok, I wasn't even going to move up till next week, after doing some more data mining, but I figured 'whatever, if I lose I lose.'

2 hour session

Start: Blinds adjustment was rough, I played quite poorly IMHO (K8s hand type play), and lost 20BB really quickly 4 tabling. Then I made it up and was up 2.5 BB (woohoo!).

Middle: So I felt a little good to be up 5 bucks... Then I took a nose dive. Dropping 30BB in such a short period (I'd say about 15 minutes) AA losing to AJ on a Axx flop was one hand that hurt. Then I disconnected with AA PF, and later found out the other guy had ak... and there was an ace on the flop there also. Yeah I felt like killing myself right about now. I was screaming at my computer to connect me lol.

End: Ok, I won a bunch of pots to go up 10BB from start. Then I won a few decent ones (Me aqo flop JTx 10SB I call 1SB turn is checked river K it gets capped).

I finished the session up 61 bucks. It wasn't a very long one and I played 4 tables (dive right in!).

Nice to win a lot more money in the same amount of time, especially for my first session at these limits.

*pats self on back* CHEESE

Gutzz