The TalkingPoker.com Forum  

Go Back   The TalkingPoker.com Forum > More things Poker > Beats and Brags
Register Blogs Arcade HH Converter Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 12-11-05, 03:00 AM
Maniac

BDMK has between 10 and 49 Rep Points
Default sickening...

from the still ongoing midnite 500k $3rebuy sat on stars...

towards the end of the third hr, i have about 20k (ty ldr is at cca 65k) with about 125 ppl left...then, in a matter of 2 hands and 3 mins, all gone...here's how:

-hand 1: AcQs EP decide to limp in as i had recently just taken a few biggish pots mucking, 4 more limpers, flop Q-rag-rag ALL CLUBS, in a 5-way pot (stack sizes from 15k-40k) in a bad position, with the possibility of maybe one already flopping a lower flush, i decide to call min/slowplay, turn another rag not of clubs, one guys fires off about 1/4 pot, i call, rest fold, river another rag not of clubs. other guy fires off 1/3 pot. i have to call, he shows a middle straight with J9...i lose btw 1/3 and half of my stack...

few mins later and after the blinds pass around me, thus taking a few more chips off my stack, also blind levels rise, my M now 5ish, ie im pretty much in the dreaded allin-or-fold mode

-hand 2: UTG AK, i raise cca 1/3 of my stack, ready to go allin on the flop no matter what, 2 biggish stacks (both cca 40k) call, flop comes 6-4-4, i of course push the rest of my chips in, one big stack folds, the other goes in the think tank..and calls...with 66...LOL

i end 122 out of 618, where top 31 get seats to tomorrow's 500K guaranteed..

once again, for the umpteenth time since ive been playing for almost a yr now, i get unlucky in a crucial, late stage of a big tourney sat. it wasnt a classic suckout/bad beat per se this time, but no less 'painful' for sure. if good and bad luck do average out in the long run, perhaps next year, my second in poker, will be one of GREAT luck.

122 out of 618, top 31 get seats to tomorrow's 500K guaranteed.
Old 12-12-05, 12:28 AM
Maniac

BDMK has between 10 and 49 Rep Points

part 2...

from TONITE's 9pm 500k sat:

after the 3rd hr break, 50 ppl left, i have cca 50k, UTG JJ, raise 3xBB, small stack pushes allin, big stack (cca 100k) who has bullied the table previous several hands showing down baby aces/faces, pushes allin himself. im putting him on an isolation move, and call. he has KK.

48th out of 420 tonite, with top 20 going to sunday's big one...

the late stage heartbreaks continue on cue...
Old 12-12-05, 02:27 AM
Proud TeamSWA Member

ChipFish has between 250 and 499 Rep PointsChipFish has between 250 and 499 Rep PointsChipFish has between 250 and 499 Rep PointsChipFish has between 250 and 499 Rep Points

Quite honestly.... You misplayed all 3 hands
Old 12-12-05, 02:32 AM
Proud TeamSWA Member

ChipFish has between 250 and 499 Rep PointsChipFish has between 250 and 499 Rep PointsChipFish has between 250 and 499 Rep PointsChipFish has between 250 and 499 Rep Points

-hand 1: AcQs EP decide to limp in as i had recently just taken a few biggish pots mucking, 4 more limpers, flop Q-rag-rag ALL CLUBS, in a 5-way pot (stack sizes from 15k-40k) in a bad position, with the possibility of maybe one already flopping a lower flush, i decide to call min/slowplay, turn another rag not of clubs, one guys fires off about 1/4 pot, i call, rest fold, river another rag not of clubs. other guy fires off 1/3 pot. i have to call, he shows a middle straight with J9...i lose btw 1/3 and half of my stack...

Forget the fact that A-Qo is a bad hand to get involved with in EP...
Forget the fact that you don't want limpers in with you as they can catch and hurt you as you have NO idea what their range is... (not exactly true, their range would be from 2-3o --- a-a)
When you did hit the flop, you MUST protect your hand... especially in a 5-way pot.
Old 12-12-05, 02:34 AM
Proud TeamSWA Member

-hand 2: UTG AK, i raise cca 1/3 of my stack, ready to go allin on the flop no matter what, 2 biggish stacks (both cca 40k) call, flop comes 6-4-4, i of course push the rest of my chips in, one big stack folds, the other goes in the think tank..and calls...with 66...LOL

2 options here...
1) push preflop...
2) get away from the hand.

I push preflop....
You may have had just enough to keep the big stacks from calling, or ideally, to get the 6-6 to fold....
You said it yourself, you were going to live and die with this hand...
Why give them an option to see a flop?
Old 12-12-05, 02:37 AM
Proud TeamSWA Member

after the 3rd hr break, 50 ppl left, i have cca 50k, UTG JJ, raise 3xBB, small stack pushes allin, big stack (cca 100k) who has bullied the table previous several hands showing down baby aces/faces, pushes allin himself. im putting him on an isolation move, and call. he has KK.
JJ Is NOT an UTG type hand to get married to especially after a raise and a reraise. You;re stack was somewhat healthy, so after raising UTG, fold to the reraise.
You are either beat, or best case a coinflip...
Also you do NOT want to mess around with Big stacks.
Old 12-22-05, 12:19 PM
Fish

viscus77 has less than 10 Rep Points

I couldn't agree more with ChipFish especially on the first hand.

A Q and you limp in - no no no. You want to make sure there aren't any people playing straight or flush draws - get rid of them early or expect that to happen. It won't happen everytime but if you let people stay and chase sometimes they are going to catch.
Closed Thread