The TalkingPoker.com Forum  

Go Back   The TalkingPoker.com Forum > All Things Poker > General Poker Discussion
Register Blogs Arcade HH Converter Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-11-04, 04:16 PM
Sir Waffles House of Fun

SirFWALGMan has between 50 and 99 Rep Points
Default 5/10 Update: Day One [The Fish Rise]

Just thought I would update everyone. I did make the climb. I played a single table of 5/10. My initial thoughts were about the same as 3/6. This level contains alot of people who are better than me, but also a fair share of fishy play. Either that or I do not know these guys advanced techniques of playing J8o with a pre-flop raise, and 3 or 4 callers. Or playing Q3 and running it to the river when you hit you Q! Nice way to lose alot of money! In my opinion there were 4-5 fish on my 10 person table last night.

It seems like people REALLY like to bluff 3-BET in 5/10. I really like that. I mean K9 bets, and Q8 raises when an Ace hits the flop. Is that a good move? Who know's, maybe I just cannot comprehend the expert play I am seeing.

I do not expect all 5/10 tables to be THIS bad. I assume there will be better players up against me and less fish. So far though, I like it. I guess I will take money from the fish and pass it on to the big sharks.

I ended the night a little early. I wanted to leave the tables with a good feeling about the night, even if this means nothing long term. I ended with a $73 profit. This is less than I make on two tables 3/6 per night, but it is a modestly good night. Will update you with Day Two!