The TalkingPoker.com Forum  

Go Back   The TalkingPoker.com Forum > All Things Poker > General Poker Discussion
Register Blogs Arcade HH Converter Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 09-24-06, 02:02 PM
Doesn't 2011 start the next decade?

Robbie Robb has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsRobbie Robb has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsRobbie Robb has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsRobbie Robb has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsRobbie Robb has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsRobbie Robb has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsRobbie Robb has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsRobbie Robb has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsRobbie Robb has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsRobbie Robb has between 1000 and 1499 Rep Points
Default Computers suck! (aka Why TPR Ep. 3 is somewhat delayed)

Hey all,

As you know, TPR Ep3 is a rather overdue. It started out being a RL problem. As you know, I'm back to work now after 10 months off on parental leave and getting back to a regular schedule has taken me a bit longer then anticipated. To top it off, I was spending a lot of my free time looking for a new job. Well, the good news is, I have a new job and start it Oct 10th. This has taken a TREMENDOUS amount of worry off my shoulders as I REALLY hate my current job now (the moved me to a different dept. when I got back).

So, I was all set to spend Alex's nap times this weekend working on TPR3. Then computer happened. My computer had been booting a little slow lately and I knew it was soon going to be time to blow it out, format and start from scratch. Well then Firefox started acting wonky yesterday morning (it wasn't remembering window sizing and custom toolbar configs) so I figured that now was as good a time as any. Copy all the important stuff into one of my other drive partitions and away we go.

XP installs no problem. Then I go to install office. The disc doesn't read in the drive. WTF?!?!?! It opens in Nikki's computer so I go to install it over the network and it hangs at one particular file. Shit. Try to make a copy of it. About this time, I also decide that since I'm starting over, to jump up to RC1 of MS Vista. Vista ALMOST installs faster than copying this CD! (it took over an hour to read in this CD). By this time, it's bedtime so I go to bed leaving Vista to do it's thing.

I wake up this morning to find my computer off. I fire it up and it tells me that it wasn't able to upgrade XP to Vista. Grr. Okay. Copy down the Vista key on paper and start from scratch. Format again and install Vista. Goes smooth (MUCH MUCH smoother than ANY XP install I've ever done!). So now I'm in the process of 'acquiring' a new version of Office. Of course, it's a DVD and I'm not quite sure how exactly I'm going to burn it out as the most recent version of Alcohol doesn't work in Vista. Not sure about Nero yet. Downloading that too... I may need to grab ISOBuster and install it from a partition.

So anyhoo...to make a rather already long story short - these computer problems are what have now delayed TPR3. The good news - I've got Tues-Fri off work (time off that accumulated while on LOA - gotta love it!) so look for it by this weekend.
Old 09-25-06, 12:56 AM
Adminimus Maximus

Talking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep Points

And there's got to be LOTS of TP news to report since the last episode too! Looking forward to it...

Got RakeBack?
27% at Full Tilt | 33% at Cake Poker | 30% at Carbon Poker
Closed Thread