The TalkingPoker.com Forum  

Go Back   The TalkingPoker.com Forum > All Things Poker > General Poker Discussion
Register Blogs Arcade HH Converter Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 08-05-05, 03:01 AM
Shark

Windbreaker has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsWindbreaker has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsWindbreaker has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsWindbreaker has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsWindbreaker has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsWindbreaker has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsWindbreaker has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsWindbreaker has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsWindbreaker has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsWindbreaker has between 1000 and 1499 Rep Points
Default Short Handed NL

I've sometimes have played short handed tables in the past...but never for long.

Tonight was the first time I played short handed seriously. At first it was rather difficult...knowing what hands to play...reacting to raises, and playing hands after you raise and miss the flop.

After quite a few hours, I found it to be easier to make money on these tables then the full tables. Usually whenever I have a 'good' hand, I tend to get paid well on those hands...because no one believes I've made anything.

The hardest part is knowing when to lay down a solid hand to people that bet hard.

For instance....I had Q 10 off in position and limp in (mistake 1??). It flops Q 10 8 - two suited. I'm thinking I'm good with top two...and want to slow play.

UTG is an overly aggressive player, and bets out 2. He gets raise to 4 by player B - no read on him. I flat call (mistake 2?)...planning to raise 4th street. Then from utg reraises to 10. Player B goes all in for about 60 more.

I have no clue what these two have. In a full ring game I would check it right away..since I have very little invested. But in a short handed...I could very well hold the best hand. I thought about it for a while.....and thought it if someone had J9 and was afraid of the flush...this may be the very way they play it. If may also hold a set of 8's....but I really had no idea...so I folded (mistake 3?).

Was it a poor fold for short handed play? Or is it a no brainer fold...since I only had like 7 dollars invested in the pot?
Closed Thread