The TalkingPoker.com Forum  

Go Back   The TalkingPoker.com Forum > All Things Poker > General Poker Discussion
Register Blogs Arcade HH Converter Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 11-25-05, 03:48 PM
Donkey

drizzel_121 has less than 10 Rep Points
Default how to play 3 of a kind?

lets say you were playing with AA in your hand and you hit an A but aslo J and a K show , would you be scared of the other player having a potential straight? its hard to lay it down isnt it?
Old 11-25-05, 03:55 PM
Donkey

ytock has between 10 and 49 Rep Points

to be honest i wouldnt let the guy see the turn for cheap, so an overrbet may be in order but he could have a straight draw but if a Q T came on the turn/river then u would have an A high straight whereas he'd only have a K high presuming he was holding x9
hope that answers ur question?
Old 11-25-05, 06:00 PM
Fish

culver boy has between 10 and 49 Rep Points

its poker. you have to gamble. if the guy has a straight, so be it. i would say overbet it to see if he calls, and if so...well you are in trouble..
Old 11-25-05, 08:11 PM
Donkey

drizzel_121 has less than 10 Rep Points
Default overbet

so the correct move would not to give him a free card take down the pot befor it blows up in your face- i understand ill use that tonight in the tourney
Old 12-23-05, 02:01 PM
Maniac

Govman6767 has between 10 and 49 Rep Points

Never slow play a set bet it hard better to win a few bucks then lose a lot.
If he's drawing to the straight your gonna win more than you lose, If he catches the straight you still have a draw to your boat. In that spot I'm overbetting the flop if he calls I'm all in no matter what the turn is. (This is with no flush on the board) remember you always have a boat draw. This should be one of those hands you win more than you lose.
I don't know what the math is because I don't read poker books. But it has worked well in the past. And when it does not........ hey we all get kicked in the balls a few times here and there right!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-25-05, 02:50 AM
Fish

Cliffy1013 has between 10 and 49 Rep Points
Default My humble opinion

The only time I ever slow play besides when its heads up is when I have the nuts or the closest thing to it. In this case of hooking a set with KJ on it. You have to bet. Make him pay for his draw that will only happen once every three times. I see people slow play top pair and then complain about the suck out on the runner runner flush draw. My thought is.. hey .. he only paid for one card cause you let him see the turn for free.
Old 12-25-05, 07:11 PM
Fish

dmopiela has between 10 and 49 Rep Points

Continue playing the hand cautiously. Bet and if he calls he may be on a draw. If he raises he may have hit two pair or his straight. Try getting to the showdown as inexpensively as possible if he has a potential hand that can beat you. You can always fold; but if his raise is not out of line try staying to hit the boat and reraise when hes committed to the pot.
Closed Thread