The TalkingPoker.com Forum  

Go Back   The TalkingPoker.com Forum > All Things Poker > General Poker Discussion
Register Blogs Arcade HH Converter Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 04-27-06, 01:45 PM
squeezed the charmin

melioris has between 3000 and 3499 Rep Pointsmelioris has between 3000 and 3499 Rep Pointsmelioris has between 3000 and 3499 Rep Pointsmelioris has between 3000 and 3499 Rep Pointsmelioris has between 3000 and 3499 Rep Pointsmelioris has between 3000 and 3499 Rep Pointsmelioris has between 3000 and 3499 Rep Pointsmelioris has between 3000 and 3499 Rep Pointsmelioris has between 3000 and 3499 Rep Pointsmelioris has between 3000 and 3499 Rep Pointsmelioris has between 3000 and 3499 Rep Points

I am happy to admit I have solved the mystery. It is pure logical deduction, and a little knowledge of human nature. The first hint, discussed here, narrowed the search incredibly. But I think most of you feel victim to the red herring. You see, the villain is clearly JD’s girlfriend. What would motivate such a sweet young thing to do such a thing? It is easy to put together if you are familiar with teenage girls, which happens to be a specialty of mine. Her original target was RD, retribution for all his dirty old man comments (somewhat justified, I might add). Once she easily cracked his system, she was remarkably disappointed at what she found, lets say she was left wanting something more, a bigger challenge. She left his meager stash untouched, not to draw attention to herself. Also she refused to gamble on the Ongame network, hers is a twisted morality. But at this stage her anger grew to include all lawyers (for obvious reasons). She decided to crack our Hero, Lou. By all accounts he would have a larger stash. Imagine her criminal disappointment when she opened up the account of our favorite cog in the legal corporate world to find his tiny balance.

Remember, this villain is used to JD, the David Williams of tp.com. (What? I just mean our local poker pro, what were you thinking about?) Her youthful innocence led her to believe that the rest of us must also have the same (bank)roll of her young stud. Alas, now disappointed by both RD and AEQ, she pissed away his money out of boredom and spite. But fortunately for truth, justice and the American Way, AEQ rose up to defend his small (bank)roll and stop this wild vixen in her tracks.

So I raise my glass in toast to you AEQ, for being the defender of small rollers everywhere.
Old 04-27-06, 02:20 PM
I'm on a boat

Reel Deal has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsReel Deal has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsReel Deal has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsReel Deal has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsReel Deal has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsReel Deal has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsReel Deal has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsReel Deal has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsReel Deal has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsReel Deal has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsReel Deal has between 3000 and 3499 Rep Points

^^

of

the

Month!!!
Old 04-27-06, 02:25 PM
Shark

studiopet has between 100 and 249 Rep Pointsstudiopet has between 100 and 249 Rep Pointsstudiopet has between 100 and 249 Rep Points

^
^
^
^
I can't beleive how far off the mark I was.

Good work!!!!!

(how come I feel that JD and that young lady of his are going to be included in many more threads.............my wife used to be that young *sigh*)
Old 04-27-06, 02:30 PM
Banned

BrianSwa has between 100 and 249 Rep PointsBrianSwa has between 100 and 249 Rep Points
Default ugh

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to melioris again.

too bad, I second that for post of the month.
Old 04-27-06, 03:59 PM
Banned

X-Longshot-X has between -10 and 0 Rep Points

gg sherlock gg
Old 04-27-06, 04:18 PM
Shark

Spuddy has between 250 and 499 Rep PointsSpuddy has between 250 and 499 Rep PointsSpuddy has between 250 and 499 Rep Points

Snap Crackle POP! Kellogs Rice Crispies.......
Old 04-27-06, 07:02 PM
Fmr. Resident Asshole

Aequitas58 has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsAequitas58 has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsAequitas58 has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsAequitas58 has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsAequitas58 has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsAequitas58 has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsAequitas58 has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsAequitas58 has between 1000 and 1499 Rep Points

I'm glad I only had $300 in there.

Actually, it's a funny story: The hijacking occurred between 6:30 - 8:30 am... which was only 2 hours after I feel asleep for the night... After placing 2nd in a $4 180 SNG. Essentially, without placing nicely in that tournament, I would have only had like... 165 in there, because second paid like ... $144. My luck: FINALLY get deep in a tournament and then get jacked.

I don't keep alot of money online; student loans, buying a house, some cc's etc, money's tight. (Although I do manage to play a weekly $1/2 NL game, but my results there are obscenely better than my online stats.)
Old 04-27-06, 08:13 PM
Cardinals FTW

JDMcNugent7 has between 1500 and 1999 Rep PointsJDMcNugent7 has between 1500 and 1999 Rep PointsJDMcNugent7 has between 1500 and 1999 Rep PointsJDMcNugent7 has between 1500 and 1999 Rep PointsJDMcNugent7 has between 1500 and 1999 Rep PointsJDMcNugent7 has between 1500 and 1999 Rep PointsJDMcNugent7 has between 1500 and 1999 Rep PointsJDMcNugent7 has between 1500 and 1999 Rep PointsJDMcNugent7 has between 1500 and 1999 Rep PointsJDMcNugent7 has between 1500 and 1999 Rep PointsJDMcNugent7 has between 1500 and 1999 Rep Points

lol damn dude, nice post, u figured out it was her before even I could.
Old 04-28-06, 04:50 PM
Shark

jimmym has between 250 and 499 Rep Pointsjimmym has between 250 and 499 Rep Pointsjimmym has between 250 and 499 Rep Points

This post, which has spent the past weeks at the top of the forum best viewed list, is not great literature. It's clunky, overwrought suspense with way too many breathless revelations. But reading Lous post which I now will rename "The da Vinci Code" isn't like listening to a disposable pop song, when you know you're listening to trash but you sing along anyway.

No, Lous post -- which makes an eye-opening list of claims about hidden truths, suppressed Gospels and various conspiracies maintained by the Catholic Church -- has got people thinking. Talking about faith and art and history, pondering the mysteries of the past, wondering what to believe and what to discount. A recent trip to the bookstore to buy a copy of How to steal players money again also called "The da Vinci Code" turned into an impromptu book club meeting, with the cashier and the next guy in line both offering opinions, theories and suggestions for further reading.

The talk has moved beyond bookstore lines. Brett Younger, senior pastor of Broadway Baptist Church in Fort Worth, Texas, says he has heard people talking about the theft for months. A few weeks ago, he arranged a discussion to let church members ask questions and exchange ideas about the theft; 100 people showed up.

Similar discussions have been arranged at churches across the country, because people are confused by "The da Vinci Code." Lou presents his ideas as facts, but they fly in the face of what most Christians have been taught. Where is the truth? Probably somewhere in between.

"He's a wonderful storyteller, and he's a lousy poker player," Younger says of Lou.

Besides several art-history quibbles (the big one: Lou insists on calling the artist da Vinci, not Leonardo -- "It's like calling Jesus 'Of Nazareth,'" Younger says), "The da Vinci Code" has riled up religious scholars as well. The Internet is full of lengthy treatises about the thefts many errors and assumptions.

Here's a look at some of the burning questions brought up by Lous thef aka-"The da Vinci Code" -- and the real religious history behind those ideas.

Question: Was Jesus married to a poker player?

What "The da Vinci Code" says: Not only was Jesus married to Mary Magdalene -- they had a daughter. Her name was Sarah. And their descendants are living in Canada today, their identity protected by a secret society called the Priory of Sion. 'It's "the greatest cover-up in human history"! since Justin got caught at Pokerstars'

Reality: We don't know for sure whether Jesus married, but most scholars don't think so.

There's no biblical evidence that Jesus had a wife. But there's also nothing to prove indisputably that he didn't marry. (In fact, the Bible's silence on the issue is the best evidence for either side of the argument.)

Those who believe Jesus was married point out that during Jesus' lifetime, it was unusual for a Jewish man to be single -- surely, they say, the scriptures would mention the anomaly if Jesus were a single Jewish man.

On the other hand, Younger points out, there are places where the Bible would logically mention a wife -- but it doesn't. There's no mention of a wife being present at the Crucifixion. Early Christian literature doesn't mention a wife. And in all the writing Paul did about marriage, he never made a reference to Jesus' marriage or held it up as an example.

Question: Who was Mary Magdalene, really? Was she a PRO player in all the sense of the word??

What "The da Vinci Code" says: Mary Magdalene's importance in religious history has been buried under stories that she was a prostitute. It was a "smear campaign" launched by the early church, which wanted to hide her true identity. She was the wife of Jesus and the mother of his child. And because she bore his descendants, she is the Holy Grail -- "'the chalice that held the blood of Christ."'

Reality: The Bible doesn't say a lot about Mary Magdalene. Lou is right, though, that she isn't the fallen woman history has made her out to be. Mary Magdalene's trampy reputation is one that was assigned to her, a misconception that eclipsed evidence to the contrary. See, in A.D. 591, Pope Gregory the Great delivered a sermon that combined Mary Magdalene with a few other women in the New Testament, including a sinful woman mentioned in the Gospel of Luke. Why? No one's sure. But after centuries of promoting Mary Magdalene as the repentant sinner, the Vatican officially retracted Gregory's statement, in 1969. In fact, now scholars are examining her story and theorizing that Mary Magdalene was an apostle -- and that other women had leadership roles in the second century.

There's no evidence that Mary Magdalene married Jesus or carried his child. And though Lou believes her value has been purposely hidden by a male-chauvinist church, Younger points out that she comes off pretty well in the New Testament. After all, she's the one to whom Jesus appears after his resurrection; she's charged with telling the news.

"Women have been mistreated by the poker community," Younger says. "But it's an extremely important position she holds. If the church could have put down women by editing scripture, that would have been the first story to go."

Question: Did Leonardo really include Mary Magdalene in The Last Supper as a clue to her robbing Lous money in the future?

What "The da Vinci Code" says: The truth of the Holy Grail is all hidden in The Last Supper. Though we've overlooked her all these years, Mary Magdalene is seated next to Jesus at the table and seems to have a pack of cards in her hand. And there's no chalice in the painting -- which means the Holy Grail isn't a cup after all, but a person -- "the very person sitting next to Jesus!'"

Reality: That's probably not Mary Magdalene. Plenty of people have puzzled over this, because the figure to Jesus' right looks like it could be a woman. Most art historians have concluded, though, that the figure must be the disciple John. John is often portrayed as young and clean-shaven. And if he's not sitting next to Jesus, where is John, anyway? He was Jesus' beloved disciple -- he wouldn't be left out of a depiction of the Last Supper.

Furthermore, the fact that Leonardo didn't include a chalice in the scene is somewhat irrelevant, Younger points out. The painting isn't "about" the Holy Grail -- in fact, really, it's not even about the Eucharist. The painting is about Jesus telling his disciples that one of them will steal Lous money in the future. Which makes the glassware and table dressings seem pretty unimportant.

Question: What about this secret society, the Priory of Sion? Otherwise know as Talkingpoker.com Is that real?

What "The da Vinci Code" says: The Priory of Sion was founded in 1099 by a Canadian king with a secret. The members know about the Holy Grail and protect Jesus' descendants. Some of the group's famous members were Sir Isaac Newton, Victor Hugo and Leonardo da Vinci The founder was just known as the rouge.

Reality: There may have been a group called the Talkingpoker . Some sources say the organization was real but disbanded in the 17th century; other sources say the Talkingpoker was nothing more than a social group founded in Canadain 1956. At any rate, there's no evidence that the Talkingpoker-- whatever it is -- has ever been involved in the kind of cover-up "The da Vinci Code" describes and could not steal Lous money.

It's good that people are asking questions, about Lous theft accepting everything in Lous post as fact. It's a good way to approach all religious history and poker thefts.

"We'd be hard-pressed to factually verify a lot of official things about Christianity itself," Rouge says. "There have always been stories and traditions far greater than the ones we have inherited. We all need to develop some instinct about -- What's really 'the case?'"

SOLVED AT LAST
Old 04-28-06, 04:56 PM
Shark

johnp158 has between 250 and 499 Rep Pointsjohnp158 has between 250 and 499 Rep Pointsjohnp158 has between 250 and 499 Rep Pointsjohnp158 has between 250 and 499 Rep Points

I didn't read the above post. I hope it was interesting.
Old 04-28-06, 04:59 PM
Shark

jimmym has between 250 and 499 Rep Pointsjimmym has between 250 and 499 Rep Pointsjimmym has between 250 and 499 Rep Points

Me Neither......
Old 04-28-06, 08:20 PM
Banned

eejit101 has between 100 and 249 Rep Pointseejit101 has between 100 and 249 Rep Pointseejit101 has between 100 and 249 Rep Points

lol, nice..

one day ill write something half that good
Old 05-05-06, 12:03 AM
Banned

holdemstewart has between -50 and -11 Rep Points

Okay, well, I guess you all would have found out sooner or later. It was me. I didnt do it cause I was addicted or mad at Aeq. Theres really no reason for doing it other than pure stupidity. Nothing more I guess I can really say. Im sorry for what I did, not only because of the punishment. Im sorry because I realize what kind of pain in the ass I was and the inconveinces I cause Aeq. Since I will probably only catch harrasment here now, I will probably not be posting and only reading (as it is very intertaining). Like I said, sorry.
-John
Old 05-05-06, 12:05 AM
Banned

Can we first start with -reps please? Then the ass chewing?
Old 05-05-06, 12:22 AM
Banned

Boobie Lover has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsBoobie Lover has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsBoobie Lover has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsBoobie Lover has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsBoobie Lover has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsBoobie Lover has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsBoobie Lover has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsBoobie Lover has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsBoobie Lover has between 1000 and 1499 Rep Points

Ass chewing, how about booting your ass? If I were running this forum, you would be booted already.
Old 05-05-06, 12:25 AM
Banned

eejit101 has between 100 and 249 Rep Pointseejit101 has between 100 and 249 Rep Pointseejit101 has between 100 and 249 Rep Points

I already figured it out.
All i wanna know is why do it, i mean you know he will notice, you cant win with $300 at 15/30. I dont get it man.

I appreciate the honesty, i still think your a cock, but its good you posted.
Old 05-05-06, 12:27 AM
Fmr. Resident Asshole

Aequitas58 has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsAequitas58 has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsAequitas58 has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsAequitas58 has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsAequitas58 has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsAequitas58 has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsAequitas58 has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsAequitas58 has between 1000 and 1499 Rep Points

Anyone want an update?

Today, I spoke with John (holdemstewart). We've been going back and forth for a few weeks now. He told me that the money was in the mail as of today, because his mom was waiting on a check to clear. Call me crazy, but I believe him. He knows what's going to happen if I don't get the money, so we can hold off on that.

If you go back and read my earlier posts about what happened, that basically brings you up to speed. It's been a while, so I'll try to get the story right:

My accounts (Stars, Yahoo, and Neteller) were taken over sometime between 6:30 - 8:30 am on a Saturday. I was able to pinpoint the timing from emails I received from Stars and Neteller. I logged onto TP.com to see who was active during that time, and luckily enough for me, the only poster who made a post during that time period was holdemstewart at 8:07 am. It's not enough evidence, but at least it was something.

I threatened Stars with a subpoena, and they released his IP address. I verified this with Neteller. I traced this IP to "holdemstewart" on the forums, and finally the picture was making sense.

(Again, I'm not going to explain the methodology for doing this, because it could happen to someone else...)

1. I got my Stars account back, but eventually deleted it and created a new account.

2. I have a new Neteller account.

3. I retook back my Yahoo account, on my own and without the help of Yahoo.

Now, let's get to Monday. Accounts were jacked on Saturday, and I get home from work Monday around 6, and go online. holdemstewart is on AIM. How could I pass up confronting the criminal?

Scroll down the for the transcript...
Old 05-05-06, 12:27 AM
Banned

Stupidity and immaturity?
Old 05-05-06, 12:32 AM
Fmr. Resident Asshole

Default Chat Transcript... first contact!

Aequitas58: hey there.
Aequitas58: crazy - i have evidence linking you to stealing my accounts.
Aequitas58: i also have your IP, which I've traced.
Aequitas58: Missouri, eh?
Aequitas58: we need to talk. if you're not willing, you can talk to the police, because I plan on contacting them in the very near future.
johnstewart80: im here now
Aequitas58: you f-ed up, bro.
johnstewart80: i know...
Aequitas58: you know im an attorney?
Aequitas58: and you do this?
Aequitas58: not smart.
johnstewart80: i didnt know
johnstewart80: i read it
Aequitas58: doesn't matter.
Aequitas58: you did it.
johnstewart80: i know
Aequitas58: and whats worse...
Aequitas58: (seriously) ... the bank fraud via neteller.
Aequitas58: they have it documented for me for the police.
Aequitas58: stars told me you lost the 300 in 10 hands at 15/30.
Aequitas58: the way i see it, you can either decide to cooperate, or not. if you choose not to, i can promise that you will not like the end result.
johnstewart80: dont remember
johnstewart80: im being VERY cooperstive bro
johnstewart80: i know i fucked up
Aequitas58: brb.
johnstewart80: and im want to do everything i can to make it right
Aequitas58: you live in St. Joseph, right?
johnstewart80: thats correct
Aequitas58: i have a postal inquiry sent to the St. Joseph postmaster.
Aequitas58: i should get it back by the end of the week.
Aequitas58: what's your phone number... i want to call you now.
johnstewart80: dont have one....
johnstewart80: cell phone doesnt have minutes
johnstewart80: i should soon tho
Aequitas58: house phone.
johnstewart80: 816075201865
johnstewart80: no house phone
Aequitas58: ok.
Aequitas58: that's fine.
johnstewart80: (816)-752-1865
Aequitas58: what is that? cell phone?
johnstewart80: yes
Aequitas58: you're 18, right?
johnstewart80: ill have minutes in a week or so
Aequitas58: dude, you better get yourself a phone...
Aequitas58: we're talking jail time here...
johnstewart80: i know this
Aequitas58: bank fraud, harrassment, identity theft, cybercrimes, etc.
johnstewart80: thats why i want to be as cooperstive as possible
Aequitas58: not to mention wire fraud over the internet.
johnstewart80: i hear you
Aequitas58: Stars and Neteller have already told me they can furnish any documents i need.
Aequitas58: where are your parents?
johnstewart80: dont really know my dad and mom is never here
Aequitas58: how am i getting my 300 back?
johnstewart80: me
Aequitas58: i'm not waiting, and i'm not taking a payment plan.
johnstewart80: i just started a dominos job
johnstewart80: and i will be full time electrician next month
Aequitas58: lol - great. how can i believe you? you already hijacked my shit - you're the last person i can believe. c'mon - no phone?
Aequitas58: this is just too fishy.
johnstewart80: dude, i swear
johnstewart80: i realized i messed up
johnstewart80: you have all my information
Aequitas58: why would you do that?
johnstewart80: do you think i want to go to jail?
Aequitas58: b/c i told you to get a job on the forum?
Aequitas58: i dont know if you want to go to jail or not. i kinda think they dont have internet poker in jail, but who knows w/ the white collar crime prisons.
johnstewart80: lol, pretty sure not
johnstewart80: well
Aequitas58: how are you planning on paying me back?
johnstewart80: ill talk to my mom, shell bitch at me for a bit
johnstewart80: take computer away
johnstewart80: all the shit
johnstewart80: and prolly write you off a check
johnstewart80: then i pay her back
Aequitas58: it's better that she takes it away and not the cops, because they confiscate that stuff.
johnstewart80: indeed
johnstewart80: brb
johnstewart80: back
Aequitas58: ok so here's the deal.
Aequitas58: because you are willing to be cooperative, i will consider not pursuing this - even though you've caused me a shitty weekend. BUT: I want some kind of payment in the mail by the end of the week. It's Monday. talk to your Mom or whoever...
Aequitas58: and get it done.
Aequitas58: $300.
Aequitas58: For the time being, I will also refrain from going public with this on TalkingPoker.
Aequitas58: Although there are members who know what happened.
johnstewart80: mayhem?
Aequitas58: and know it was you.
Aequitas58: there are ... probably 5 other people who know.
Aequitas58: i will not give out details.
Aequitas58: one poster wants me to give him your address.
johnstewart80: xxx-xxx-xxxx
johnstewart80: that your phone?
Aequitas58: no
Aequitas58: that's my old phone.
Aequitas58: and how do you still have my account details?
johnstewart80: just the phone number
Aequitas58: that's old.
johnstewart80: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (Did you really want to post your address, Lou?)
johnstewart80: that too
Aequitas58: that's new.
johnstewart80: send ut tgere>
johnstewart80: there*
Aequitas58: that's where i'm at now.
Aequitas58: yes, send it there.
Aequitas58: as i said, you have until the end of the week. if i don't get $300 by early next week, I will stop talking to you and proceed forward.
johnstewart80: if i dont see mom, i will call you, i need your phone number
johnstewart80: almost sure ill see here
johnstewart80: her*
Aequitas58: you can reach me on AIM or via PM on talking poker.
Aequitas58: i dont need to give out my number right now.
johnstewart80: VERY understanble
Aequitas58: it's bad enough you already have my fucking home address.
johnstewart80: nothin i can do with it
johnstewart80: think im flying out here?
johnstewart80: there
Aequitas58: i dont wanna hear it... just make sure you figure out some kind of payment.
Aequitas58: if your mom prefers a cashiers check or money order, that's fine too.
Aequitas58: oh - and i dont wanna hear bullshit that the money was sent, but you didn't get it.
Aequitas58: make sure i get it.
johnstewart80: loud and clear
Aequitas58: that's it for now. thanks for the headache.
johnstewart80: i know im the last person you want a tip from, but you want one ne ways?
Aequitas58: go ahead.
johnstewart80: keep your city off the internet
Aequitas58: why
johnstewart80: and birthdate
johnstewart80: thats all you need to gte into someones yahoo account
Aequitas58: excellent. neteller was easy (you got that from yahoo, i assume) how did you get into stars?
johnstewart80: stars has good security
johnstewart80: sent them an email asking for the password to be reset
johnstewart80: and answered like 10 questions
johnstewart80: address, last 4 digits of your last deposit
johnstewart80: last email address
johnstewart80: first and last name
Aequitas58: alright, stop talking, b/c you're pissing me off.
johnstewart80: i appologize
Aequitas58: we'll see how much you're sorry.
johnstewart80: and beleive me or not, im sorry, VERY sorry
Aequitas58: you're sorry b/c of the consequences.
Aequitas58: i'm not an idiot.
Aequitas58: just get done what you have to get done. talk to me later in the week.
johnstewart80: no, im sorry because i thought about what i did and what a prick thing it was to do
johnstewart80: BTW
johnstewart80: whats that inquiry thing
Aequitas58: it's a legal notice to the postmaster of your city that a lawyer is requesting further information (ie: who lives there, confirm the street address, etc) for the beginning of legal proceedings.
Aequitas58: it's free - if you know what you're doing. :-)
Aequitas58: and i do.
johnstewart80: obviousl
johnstewart80: y
johnstewart80: lol
Aequitas58: and who has NO house phone?
Aequitas58: i just don't believe that
johnstewart80: a single parent with 2 kids
johnstewart80: thats who
johnstewart80: we'll have one after we move
Aequitas58: alright
johnstewart80: well im going to go, gunna see if my mom is at her BF's house
johnstewart80: byeAequitas58: hey there.
Aequitas58: we need to talk. if you're not willing, you can talk to the police, because I plan on contacting them in the very near future.
Aequitas58: the way i see it, you can either decide to cooperate, or not. if you choose not to, i can promise that you will not like the end result.
Aequitas58: Stars and Neteller have already told me they can furnish any documents i need.
Aequitas58: lol - great. how can i believe you? you already hijacked my shit - you're the last person i can believe. c'mon - no phone?
Aequitas58: i dont know if you want to go to jail or not. i kinda think they dont have internet poker in jail, but who knows w/ the white collar crime prisons.
Aequitas58: it's better that she takes it away and not the cops, because they confiscate that stuff.
Aequitas58: because you are willing to be cooperative, i will consider not pursuing this - even though you've caused me a shitty weekend. BUT: I want some kind of payment in the mail by the end of the week. It's Monday. talk to your Mom or whoever...
Aequitas58: For the time being, I will also refrain from going public with this on TalkingPoker.
johnstewart80: 609-932-2546
johnstewart80: XXXXXXXXXXXXX - Same deal - double posted or something? I'm not going to clean this whole thing up.
Aequitas58: as i said, you have until the end of the week. if i don't get $300 by early next week, I will stop talking to you and proceed forward.
Aequitas58: i dont wanna hear it... just make sure you figure out some kind of payment.
Aequitas58: if your mom prefers a cashiers check or money order, that's fine too.
Aequitas58: oh - and i dont wanna hear bullshit that the money was sent, but you didn't get it.
johnstewart80: i know im the last person you want a tip from, but you want one ne ways?
johnstewart80: keep your city off the internet
johnstewart80: and birthdate
Aequitas58: excellent. neteller was easy (you got that from yahoo, i assume) how did you get into stars?
Aequitas58: just get done what you have to get done. talk to me later in the week.
johnstewart80: no, im sorry because i thought about what i did and what a prick thing it was to do
Aequitas58: it's a legal notice to the postmaster of your city that a lawyer is requesting further information (ie: who lives there, confirm the street address, etc) for the beginning of legal proceedings.
johnstewart80: byeAequitas58: hey there.
johnstewart80: [lou's old cell phone number]
johnstewart80: [lou's address]
johnstewart80: [begins methodology explaing how it happened...]
johnstewart80: [methodology]
johnstewart80: bye

Last edited by Talking Poker; 05-05-06 at 03:27 AM.
Old 05-05-06, 12:37 AM
Fmr. Resident Asshole

I'm done updating for now.

A quick glance at the aftermath...*

I will not pursue this with the police. He has agreed to cooperate, so I'm giving him a second chance. It was definitely a fucked up thing that he did, but paying me back (or - when I get it, since it was mailed today?) was a smart choice. Keep in mind: If I don't get the money by like... Wednesday... he's toast.

I'm not going to ask that holdemstewart be banned - that's a decision that the site owner should make. I honestly don't care either way.

EDITED TO ADD: Thanks to those members who kept this in confidence: Pshabi, Mayhem, JD, and TP. I think I told Zy via PM when he asked, but other than that, I don't believe I said anything to anyone else. Thanks again for keeping it on the DL...

That's it for now.
Old 05-05-06, 12:43 AM
TP Live Ring Specialist

Zybomb has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsZybomb has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsZybomb has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsZybomb has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsZybomb has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsZybomb has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsZybomb has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsZybomb has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsZybomb has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsZybomb has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsZybomb has between 3000 and 3499 Rep Points

I'd personally request $600 in exchange for not pressing charges (is that legal?) to make him learn a bit more of a lesson.... what if you had 2K in your account.... then what? How would he have been able to pay you back? The situation became easy due to the reltively little amount you had in your account.

Out of curiosity, what could he be facing if convicted? (i dont mean maximum sentence, I mean what would he likely get) And does the amount stolen effect this?
Old 05-05-06, 12:47 AM
Banned

Old 05-05-06, 12:50 AM
TP Live Ring Specialist

Zybomb has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsZybomb has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsZybomb has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsZybomb has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsZybomb has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsZybomb has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsZybomb has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsZybomb has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsZybomb has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsZybomb has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsZybomb has between 3000 and 3499 Rep Points

not what charges...what CONSEQUENCES for those charges
Old 05-05-06, 01:07 AM
Banned

in the UK - 2-3 years for that, plus fines and fees. Depends on what AEQ can pull up.

This is the crazyest thing ive ever heard.

Edited to add - "thank to eejit, for not telling people who it was too" pshabs' clue was enough
Old 05-05-06, 01:20 AM
Banned

Ya, Im lost, I did it, and after rereading this, I still cant find the clue that shabi left....missouri?
Closed Thread