The TalkingPoker.com Forum  

Go Back   The TalkingPoker.com Forum > All Things Poker > General Poker Discussion
Register Blogs Arcade HH Converter Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 08-04-05, 11:43 AM
Banned

BrianSwa has between 100 and 249 Rep PointsBrianSwa has between 100 and 249 Rep Points
Default Last nights torney

Ok this might be kinda like a brag post but bear with me.

so its about 12:30 and I have to leave for work about 2:30 so I join Party Poker $2 NL torney thinking I will get outdrawn within the 1st hour and be out way before I have to leave for work. I spend most of the 1st hour folding pre-flop and missing flops and being forced to fold. About 500 people gone out of the starting 1,400 and im about at 500-600 chips from my starting 1,000. I am given a gift as I look down to see KK in the BB, guy pushes all in before me and another guy calls, I re-raise all in hopeing to triple up. Both players show weak ass hands but one guy is rocking a "A". No A and I triple up to about 1,400 chips. I spend the rest of the time before the break stealing some blinds and trying to build my chips.

1st break about at average chip size and about a hour before I have to leave for work. After 1st break I see that they have moved some big stacks to my table, I spend most of the 1st couple levels folding and building up a really good table image. Well I dont want to be blinded to death and I figure there is no way im making money before I have to go to work so I figure I need to pick up some chips and sit out to make any money at all in this thing. I end up stealing some blinds from big stack sitting on my left, I raise with K-T in position and the big stack finally makes the call. Flop comes down all undercards and I belive it was 2 hearts, I make a bet and he calls. Ok I'am done with this hand now he called so I figure he had a hand, hey I took a shot and missed. On the turn the T of hearts come putting the flush out but giving me top pair. He bets big, It just didnt feel right to me at all, kept thinking to myself why did he bet so big into this pot it seemed like a overbet. Think storm think make the right decision, I call, he flips over A-rag but I belive he had the A of hearts. Giving him 13 outs because think he had a small pair with his kicker. River is blank and its now time for break #2 and time for me to go to work.

I leave for work about at 11,500 chips with the avearage about 6,500. About 220 people left and 180 get paid, well I really dont expect anymore then maybe the min. payout which is 2.77 but when I get home I see I made about $9. I'am shocked and my wife tells me I made about 50th place WOW.

sorry this was soo long thanks for reading if you made it this far.
Old 08-04-05, 12:50 PM
Adminimus Maximus

Talking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep Points

I'm glad you made the money, but for the life of me, I can not comprehend why someone would start a tourney that they are going to be unable to finish. That's got to be the worst EV move in poker. You are basically saying, "I have enough time to play and lose, but not enough time to play and win." Are you kidding me?

If you want to play some poker and have a limited time to do it, play a cash game for God's sake, not a MTT. I mean come on, Brian. This is crazy, even for you.

BTW.... I thought you were only playing with play money?

Got RakeBack?
27% at Full Tilt | 33% at Cake Poker | 30% at Carbon Poker
Old 08-04-05, 12:56 PM
Banned

BrianSwa has between 100 and 249 Rep PointsBrianSwa has between 100 and 249 Rep Points
Default hey

had a little extra money left over after buying pokertracker, joined it just to have some fun. Honestly can you really take a $1 and $2 torney seriously? If I was gonna play a torney seriously I would block a good 3-4 hours for it like a $20 buy in or something but these im not to serious about. Any torney were you lose 600 people before the 1st break I cant take too seriously.

I didnt have enough to join a cash game it was my last $2.77 and wanted to have some fun. Origionally deposited the extra money when I bought pokertracker to see how it works and all which by the way did I mention....I LOVE.

Last edited by BrianSwa; 08-04-05 at 12:59 PM.
Closed Thread