The TalkingPoker.com Forum  

Go Back   The TalkingPoker.com Forum > All Things Poker > General Poker Discussion
Register Blogs Arcade HH Converter Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-30-09, 09:57 AM
Calling Station

robthedlphin has between 10 and 49 Rep Points
Default My WSOP experience

It’s a pretty awesome feeling taking that long walk to the WSOP area at the Rio. I picked up my registration card and found out that I was assigned to the Brasilia room. The event (#51) was sold out and spread across three different rooms.
I made a huge mistake by leaving Hawaii the night before and getting into Las Vegas at 9 AM for a 12 o’clock start. If you’ve never been to the WSOP before and are planning a trip in the future, make sure you get there a couple of days early so you can get your body into a tournament mode. The tourney itself was pretty uneventful. It seemed that the people I was with were either really good or really bad. It’s amazing how good some of those bad players were running, though. I stayed pretty much at the average chip level the whole time I was there. I feel I played way too nitty, though. TP said he saw some lol tells. I did, too. One guy at my table looked to be in his mid to upper 30s, but he had the bushy eyebrows of a 70 year old. Whenever he had a good hand those eyebrows would shoot up almost to the top of his forehead. I mean at least two inches. Another guy was shaking so badly I’m still not sure if he had MS or if he was just that nervous.
I donked off a bunch of chips early to a Danish guy with my AQ tptk to his Kings, but other than that I think I played okay. I lasted until a little bit after the dinner break. I had pocket jacks in middle position and raised 3X bb. The guy on the button doubles my raise and I call. Flop AJ8 rainbow, I bet half the pot and he calls. The turn card was a 3. I check, he bets, I raise, he re-raises all-in. By this time even if I didn’t have trips I’m pretty committed to the pot, and I call. He flips over aces of course and I’m sent to the rail. I don’t even know what the river was.
After that I went and railed the second day of the 50k H.O.R.S.E. event and saw a ton of pros. I played a few more tourneys over the next few days, including the Caesar’s deep stack, which was a lot more suited to my style of play, but I didn’t make it into the money.
Overall, I had a good time, but am disappointed I didn’t make any cashes. Taking that long 15 minute walk back to your room empty-handed really sucks.
Old 06-30-09, 11:19 AM
Shark

claudioxcore has between 250 and 499 Rep Pointsclaudioxcore has between 250 and 499 Rep Pointsclaudioxcore has between 250 and 499 Rep Pointsclaudioxcore has between 250 and 499 Rep Points

sounds like a good time. Sorry to hear you came home empty handed. Always next year though

"Nolefan82 (1:00:14 AM): the way i run i could shoot myself in the head and survive"
Old 06-30-09, 02:54 PM
Im so over her!!!!!

New Guy has between 500 and 749 Rep PointsNew Guy has between 500 and 749 Rep PointsNew Guy has between 500 and 749 Rep PointsNew Guy has between 500 and 749 Rep PointsNew Guy has between 500 and 749 Rep PointsNew Guy has between 500 and 749 Rep Points

My wsop experience goes as follows , hand 4 I get AK S raise get re raised call nothing flop . I check , villan checks , turn A i bet pot villan reraises all in for another say 1200ish i call he turns AA Im dead .Fun time . 750$ bucks per hand woot woot !!! Prolly could have gotten away from the all in . Could have had jj qq kk or maybe a set . No read. Was were a cardrunners patch so I sux peace out!!
Old 06-30-09, 03:48 PM
Professional Amateur

Invigilator has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsInvigilator has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsInvigilator has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsInvigilator has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsInvigilator has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsInvigilator has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsInvigilator has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsInvigilator has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsInvigilator has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsInvigilator has between 1000 and 1499 Rep Points

Rough WSOP for players I know. JediMaster called me today. He finished up a $1500 event. He was on fumes all of day one and busted just before they broke for the night.

Hang in there TP'ers