The TalkingPoker.com Forum  

Go Back   The TalkingPoker.com Forum > All Things Poker > General Poker Discussion
Register Blogs Arcade HH Converter Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 10-27-04, 01:05 PM
Calling Station

Charlie Frank has between 10 and 49 Rep Points

NO WAY! Are you kidding me? I never would have guessed!!! What with the way you play, you must be pulling in thousands....

So you have gone broke, you have no car, you have $3000 to your name and yet you take offence when I tell you that your advice on limit holdem is incorrect? You have some nerve.

I don't think the idea was ridiculous at all. Don't you think the TP Admin would be the perfect guy to hold our money in escrow?

Oh sorry, I forgot - you have no money!

I am willing to play you on PokerStars for $1000 - $500 is my absolute minimum. Anything else really wouldn't be worth my time. The only problem with that is you have to pay PokerStars something I would imagine - I don't think they let you set up the games for free. I don't play on PokerStars but I will find out all the details and download the software if I thought for one second you even had a couple hundred dollars to lose.

As it stands, I think you are a snotty-nosed kid (you yourself said that you aren't even 21) with no money who likes to talk big but doesn't have the minerals to back that talk up.

If you want to prove me wrong, let's rock and roll.

Until then, go back to 2+2.

CF
Old 10-27-04, 01:23 PM
Captain Charisma!

GeoffM has between 100 and 249 Rep PointsGeoffM has between 100 and 249 Rep Points

O8B value from low?

I disagree entirely. How many times do you try to get value out of your A2 only to see someone else also have it and also take high on you. I'd much rather have the top high hand and pound away at the pot any day of the week.

Of course, If I have the nut low I will simply call all the way, but only when I have a shot at the high, and if I don't have a shot at high, I want to make sure at least 3 other people are in the hand so I can at least (usually) get my bets back. If there are only 3 guys left and they are pounding the pot, I let him take his A2 money and save mine for another time.
Old 10-27-04, 01:23 PM
Captain Charisma!

GeoffM has between 100 and 249 Rep PointsGeoffM has between 100 and 249 Rep Points

Wow, a third page, a new feud, and a challenge. ChipFish, got any popcorn?
Old 10-27-04, 01:28 PM
Proud TeamSWA Member

ChipFish has between 250 and 499 Rep PointsChipFish has between 250 and 499 Rep PointsChipFish has between 250 and 499 Rep PointsChipFish has between 250 and 499 Rep Points

Wrong site....

This is definitely a beer and pretzel kind of site
Old 10-27-04, 01:34 PM
Shark

eddo31 has between 10 and 49 Rep Points

i agree. you have to play o8b cautiously when you only have a low. because the prevailing advice out there suggests that your starting hand requirements usually are aimed at the low, you are often going to get quartered.
Old 10-27-04, 07:45 PM
Rock

johnbaker has between 10 and 49 Rep Points

"So you have gone broke, you have no car, you have $3000 to your name and yet you take offence when I tell you that your advice on limit holdem is incorrect? You have some nerve."

I havent made one post giving my advice on limit holdem.... i simply talked about odds and how theres no skill in lower limit games.

"NO WAY! Are you kidding me? I never would have guessed!!! What with the way you play, you must be pulling in thousands...."

umm you still havent posted any legitimate proof that you have money to play against me with, for all i know you're just saying all of this stuff expecting me to back down.

"I don't think the idea was ridiculous at all. Don't you think the TP Admin would be the perfect guy to hold our money in escrow? "

yeah, the perfect guy for sure... if I had talked to the guy more than once, and if I had known him for more than a week.

"I am willing to play you on PokerStars for $1000 - $500 is my absolute minimum. Anything else really wouldn't be worth my time. The only problem with that is you have to pay PokerStars something I would imagine - I don't think they let you set up the games for free. I don't play on PokerStars but I will find out all the details and download the software if I thought for one second you even had a couple hundred dollars to lose."

Why is your minimum so high? you seem to want me NOT to accept the challenge, the way you've been talking on here. If it took you over 2 weeks to buildup and cash your first $1000, and since you say I'd be so easy to beat, why wouldnt it be worth your time to play for less... explain your logic please, it doesnt make sense to me.

Find out more about pokerstars' heads up options... i didnt turn your challenge down CF, i told you to find a better way for us to play than with partypoker play money, like you suggested...

"As it stands, I think you are a snotty-nosed kid (you yourself said that you aren't even 21) with no money who likes to talk big but doesn't have the minerals to back that talk up. "

What do you mean by snotty-nosed... if by snotty-nosed you mean that im the kind of guy who gets offended when you post saying i know nothing about poker, when i just said that low limit holdem is a crapshoot, then ok im snottynosed...

btw i am an asshole to anyone who replies to my posts in the way that youve been replying to mine, what do you expect....

also age doesnt matter, only experience and talent. ive been playing for several years, and if youre telling the truth, ive probably played at least as many hands as you (if not more) in less time (assuming you started playing at 18).

"Until then, go back to 2+2."

Ive never even been to 2+2... what is there someone there named johnbaker also? yeah thats what i thought

-jB
Old 10-27-04, 10:27 PM
Adminimus Maximus

Talking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep Points

Well, this thread sure has gotten interesting since I last checked in.

If it comes down to it, I will hold money for you guys, but I would prefer to not put myself in the middle, just in case there is controversy about who the winner is, and so on.

Why don't you both sit down at a cash table of your liking (a heads up table somewhere) and play until someone is broke? Sure, you'll have to pay rake, but that's the price of playing poker... and a small price to pay to put an end to this debate.

Oh, and when you are done, I want a shot at the winner

Got RakeBack?
27% at Full Tilt | 33% at Cake Poker | 30% at Carbon Poker
Old 10-28-04, 08:31 PM
WA's most wanted

2Tone has between 1500 and 1999 Rep Points2Tone has between 1500 and 1999 Rep Points2Tone has between 1500 and 1999 Rep Points2Tone has between 1500 and 1999 Rep Points2Tone has between 1500 and 1999 Rep Points2Tone has between 1500 and 1999 Rep Points2Tone has between 1500 and 1999 Rep Points2Tone has between 1500 and 1999 Rep Points2Tone has between 1500 and 1999 Rep Points2Tone has between 1500 and 1999 Rep Points2Tone has between 1500 and 1999 Rep Points
Default Well if TP wants that ...

Forget the winner ... I want a shot at the loser!
Closed Thread