The TalkingPoker.com Forum  

Go Back   The TalkingPoker.com Forum > All Things Poker > General Poker Discussion
Register Blogs Arcade HH Converter Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 12-01-05, 09:41 AM
Shark

jimmym has between 250 and 499 Rep Pointsjimmym has between 250 and 499 Rep Pointsjimmym has between 250 and 499 Rep Points
Angry Poor Support

I am really annoyed over over the support PS gave in last nights tourny, the tourny IMHO was spoiled with the actions from a few players who either by error or through ignorance illegally entered.

It was nice too see honest players sit out after they were asked but PS were repeatadly told what was happening and refused to do anything.

Hello,

Thank you for your email.

That is not possible. Our Staff tournament require a password to register
just as any other private tournament. It is the responsibility of the
tournament host to give the password to only the intended players and if
somehow the password leaks out to uninvited players, then there is nothing
we can do if they register.

If you have further inquiries, please do not hesitate to contact us as we
will gladly assist you 24/7.

Regards,

William
PokerStars Support Team

This is what I recieved after pointing out that I like watching ther tournys and what would they do if there tourny was entered into in the same way as ours.

I know that PS support have the means to enter any table and boot out any player and divide the chips out amongst the remaining players.

OK ,, its not a big deal some may say, but to me it is. Its not the $ that matter. But its the fun and bragging rights that many forum members deserve when playing in a private tourny.

I have been a member now for a year and allthough not active I always visit and read the threads and I do learn and enjoy the banter between members.

I have no other online accounts other than PS and Ladbrokes and and have always rated PS as No1, but I am really dissapointed with there attitude last night and can only sat WELL DONE to all the members who stuck with TP and unlike me kept there cool.

I am going now to read how the tourny finished but felt I had to write this, I know PS support were watching our tables last night as One told me he was when he was called to a tourny table I was playing at last night and I hope One of them read this and understand that they could of done something and note just sent a bog standard "its not our fault" reply.
Old 12-01-05, 10:40 AM
Calling Station

chrisash has less than 10 Rep Points

Like TP said before i wander if there is a way you can manualy enter the players that you want in there for the next tourney.Or if PS can give you a log of all the people in that where playing and chating to see if you can find the LEAKER
Old 12-01-05, 10:55 AM
MC Adam Yauch

PShabi has between 2500 and 2999 Rep PointsPShabi has between 2500 and 2999 Rep PointsPShabi has between 2500 and 2999 Rep PointsPShabi has between 2500 and 2999 Rep PointsPShabi has between 2500 and 2999 Rep PointsPShabi has between 2500 and 2999 Rep PointsPShabi has between 2500 and 2999 Rep PointsPShabi has between 2500 and 2999 Rep PointsPShabi has between 2500 and 2999 Rep PointsPShabi has between 2500 and 2999 Rep PointsPShabi has between 2500 and 2999 Rep Points

I definitely see where Stars is coming from in their stance. They COULD unregister people, but I see why they don't.

But I do agree, the tournament was spoiled for the forum members. Don't take this as me not being grateful, because TP is truly awesome for ponying up ANYTHING for ANY OF US. I don't mind playing for peanuts if I'm playing against "forum friends." But, 66 people playing for a $100 prize purse and I don't know who the hell any of them are. Boring and a giant waste of time.

I ended up playing for about 25 minutes and then just pushed in with nothing on two hands in a row to put myself out of my misery.

It's almost funny that the biggest asshole in the whole thing (jstbaseball or whatever) won.

I'll be peaking around for him on the weenie stakes tables.
Old 12-01-05, 12:28 PM
Banned

BrianSwa has between 100 and 249 Rep PointsBrianSwa has between 100 and 249 Rep Points
Default yep

he played terrible also, I sat with him most of the time and he was pushing with any 2 with no concern of position at all. He ended up busting me hitting a 3 outer, Kinda sucked but oh well. I played it serious just because wanted to make it to TP table but if all the regulars would of busted out then I was ready to leave also. We seriously need to get some regular games going around here.
Old 12-01-05, 01:43 PM
Adminimus Maximus

Talking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep Points

I too am disappointed that Stars didn't do anything about this, but then again, I totally understand where they are coming from. They gave me the opportunity to set up a private tourney that was password protected - It's my job to guard that password and not give it to any untrustworthy sources. This is exactly why I didn't give it out to any of the new people until 5 minutes ahead of time. I did give it to all the long time members though, and unfortunately, this was my mistake. I guess it just goes to show you can't always trust the people you think you can trust.

And I agree. This was ruined by the crashers - all because of the post on RGP. I guess it was more fun than nothing, but it would have been WAY better if it was members only.

I have some idea about how to make up for this, but I'm going to hold off on saying any more for a while.... Still waiting for things to get back to normal around here and see who actually rides it out. We've already lost most of the freeroll chasers, and I predict thing will be back to "normal" in just a few days. Actually, I think they will be better than normal, because despite all the nonsense, we've gotten a handful of good, new posters out of this.

Got RakeBack?
27% at Full Tilt | 33% at Cake Poker | 30% at Carbon Poker
Old 12-01-05, 04:57 PM
Cardinals FTW

JDMcNugent7 has between 1500 and 1999 Rep PointsJDMcNugent7 has between 1500 and 1999 Rep PointsJDMcNugent7 has between 1500 and 1999 Rep PointsJDMcNugent7 has between 1500 and 1999 Rep PointsJDMcNugent7 has between 1500 and 1999 Rep PointsJDMcNugent7 has between 1500 and 1999 Rep PointsJDMcNugent7 has between 1500 and 1999 Rep PointsJDMcNugent7 has between 1500 and 1999 Rep PointsJDMcNugent7 has between 1500 and 1999 Rep PointsJDMcNugent7 has between 1500 and 1999 Rep PointsJDMcNugent7 has between 1500 and 1999 Rep Points

Well if u only gave it to trusted members who gave out the password - or how did that ubustedme guy get ahold of it ?
Old 12-01-05, 05:00 PM
Banned

BrianSwa has between 100 and 249 Rep PointsBrianSwa has between 100 and 249 Rep Points
Default yep

because one of the trusted members screwed us.
Closed Thread