The TalkingPoker.com Forum  

Go Back   The TalkingPoker.com Forum > All Things Poker > General Poker Discussion
Register Blogs Arcade HH Converter Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 12-06-05, 08:46 PM
Maniac

BDMK has between 10 and 49 Rep Points
Default Can't believe i'm saying this, but...Stars needs non-rebuy sat structure option

the $3 rebuy sat are really becoming one big all-in all-the-time joke...

just few mins ago, even i was stunned, and my tolerance level for poker BS is normally very high.

just before end of first hour, full 9-handed table, blinds 50/100, im at about 1500 (been mostly quiet thus far), stacks range from mine to about 6000-something, action has been on the wild side so far.

but, check this s.hit out:

UTG i get AA. seeing that ppl have moved allin preflop (with random crap) and gotten on avg 2-3 calls, i decide to forgo any preflop raises and just push it allin.

i get...7 (seven!) calls.

what the blippity bleep...

oh, and in case u were wondering, those holdings included anything from AJ (the 'best') to 69o (the worst). needless to say, my aces had no statistical chance in hell postflop 8-handed. another 3 bux down the toilet and i didnt even get a lousy FPP for my effort (another $3 rebuy pet peeve of mine, see below)

i've been watching/playing the stars big event sats since i started playing poker almost a year ago, and i cant help but notice its gotten wilder/worse by the month/week...

this has no resemblance to the game of poker whatsoever any more.

im going on a one-a-day letter-writing campaign to stars demanding a non-rebuy 3-level sat structure option. im not asking to cancel anything currently offered, im just asking to offer that in addition to the rebuys. (last time i started writing, asking they modify the payout structure for the same $3 rebuy sats, they actually did it after the last WSOP season...im not saying *i* did it, but was surely glad to see the desirable ending).

could be along these lines:

level 1: $3 OR rather $2.90 +0.10 or even $3+0.10 (im also strongly hoping theres the entry fee component here so we small rollers finally start getting some FPPs out of our small sat buyins!)

level 2: from $21 (for the weekly $215 buyin 500K guaranteed) to $55 (for the monthly $550 buyin 700K guaranteed) to $65 (for the most common WPT/WSOP $650 buyin qualifiers), again with a suitable entry fee component for FPP-earning purposes and dammit stars putting more money in its coffers-purposes too lol

there u have it. one extra level in-between, but more options for the ppl to choose from, FPPs also become part of the picture for the small sats, and everyone wins!

because, some of us here, who dont have big bankrolls to directly buyin (200-600 bux) to the big events, just want to play some poker on a poker site...and not slots.

Last edited by BDMK; 12-06-05 at 08:58 PM.
Old 12-06-05, 10:02 PM
Proud TeamSWA Member

ChipFish has between 250 and 499 Rep PointsChipFish has between 250 and 499 Rep PointsChipFish has between 250 and 499 Rep PointsChipFish has between 250 and 499 Rep Points

They have a 36+3 freeze-out sat to the $215 Weekly.
1 in 6 gets it.... Usually pretty easy.

The $11 Turbos are fairly easy too...

Also... as a side note, You should NEVER be down to 1500 chips or less in a rebuy... if you are at 1560 then throw away 60 and rebuy.

If you don't want to rebuy, you shouldn't be in the tourney....
Search "Rebuy" for one of my old posts...
It's old, but still holds true IMO.
Old 12-06-05, 11:07 PM
grrrrr

jillaj has between 750 and 999 Rep Pointsjillaj has between 750 and 999 Rep Pointsjillaj has between 750 and 999 Rep Pointsjillaj has between 750 and 999 Rep Pointsjillaj has between 750 and 999 Rep Pointsjillaj has between 750 and 999 Rep Pointsjillaj has between 750 and 999 Rep Points

You shouldn't play a rebuy tourney if you aren't going to rebuy.
Old 12-07-05, 12:04 AM
Maniac

BDMK has between 10 and 49 Rep Points

guys,

i totally hear u about the rebuy aspect. but, the thing is, there are many like myself, who just cant afford to *continually* buy in for 40/100/200/600 bux tourneys (and turbos, dont get me started on those...same s.hit, different name). and for those of us small rollers, the smallbuck tourneys are the only way to play on a regular basis. im sure stars wants to keep us as frequent, ongoing customers.

and its not like im saying im frustrated because i just cant win anything on the $3 sats. since they modified the payoff structure since the last WSOP cycle, i cashed out on this WPT PCA cycle (without a seat) quite a few times. in fact, the very first real money tourney i ever played was a $3 rebuy WPT PCA sat last december and i final tabled it (of course, under the old payoff structure, i didnt cash any, but thats ok). i also final tabled several WSOP sats earlier this year...

anywho, if sites like bodog or pokerroom can offer non-rebuy big event sat structures (usually 1-2 levels) that also provide FPPs as part of the entry fee component, then so can stars. the more options for the ppl, the better!