Thread: Great News
View Single Post
Old 07-22-05, 11:24 PM
Adminimus Maximus

Talking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep Points

I feel the need to contribute here because I disagree with a good bit of this. Well, I agree with your MTT advice (hard way to make a living), but it's the A, B, C points you make above that I'm not so sure about.

A) First, winning $2 after an hour might be a waste of time to you, but it might not be to other players.... especially new players who are learning the game and getting a feel for how hands play out. Also, you need to remember, they might not be WINNING $2 per hour, but rather losing $2 per hour. And to say that them losing $20 per hour would be better (less of a waste of time) is just silly - especially when their entire roll is $50.

To me, maybe winning $20 per hour is a waste of time. To Daniel Negreanu, I'm sure winning $200 per hour is a waste of time. The point is, that's all relative, and I don't think it's right to judge anyone for their bankroll.

B) I agree. Sounds like a good place to me to learn how to play.

C) Glad to hear it... that doesn't mean everyone else is... again, especially new players.

My point here is that if somone is just getting into online poker, and decides they will allowcate $50 for their bankroll, I think it would be a HUGE mistake to sit down with it all at once, and I think there is no shame whatsoever in playing the microlimit tables while you are learning to become a winning player.

Got RakeBack?
27% at Full Tilt | 33% at Cake Poker | 30% at Carbon Poker